Day #4 of the "Cold from Hell"....has added a powerful, hurtful sneeze..to go along with all the other symptoms...will just have to ride this one out....

Plan after I feel better?    Make a slipper storage thingy...to house all of the Boss' slippers...
Step One:  Hauled a 1 x 6 x 5'6" Ash plank to the shop....intend to cut it in half, rotate the pieces to glue up into a panel....and go from there...

Stay tuned....Cuppa Irish Black Tea, with a few shots of Ryan's Irish Cream....for me sore throat, of course...
Winkgrin
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that

Hope your cold isn't a more recent variant of COVID. After getting vaxxed and double boosted, I still ended up with COVID a couple of months ago. In 5 days, it was over, but it did start out like a bad cold. Everyone's symptoms seem to vary. I had to quarantine from work for a week. My wife wouldn't even sleep in the same bedroom or touch me for 2 weeks, for fear she'd catch it.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
My Covid also acted like the "cold from hell". I was sure it was a cold until my family insisted I test. My eyes felt like they were going to pop out of the sockets. I did get a set of pills because I also have a minor case of asthma. I have had a terrible cough for probably 3 weeks afterwords

(11-07-2022, 09:09 PM)toolmiser Wrote: My Covid also acted like the "cold from hell".  I was sure it was a cold until my family insisted I test.  My eyes felt like they were going to pop out of the sockets.  I did get a set of pills because I also have a minor case of asthma.  I have had a terrible cough for probably 3 weeks afterwords

Its interesting that ever since I began wearing masks in public (my bride has auto immune issues and is at significant risk and I don't want to be the source of her getting covid), I've not even had a case of the sniffles; this is since March of 2020.  Normally, I'd get 3 or 4 colds each year, so there's something to be said for masking up in crowded places.  I'm often the only person wearing one; was in the Home Depot and a guy asked me why I was masked given covid was "over" and I explained why and he was cool with that.  This will be with us for some time; another interesting fact is that in the regular flue vaccine they still use variants from the 1918 flu pandemic!  I kind of think that covid will end up the same way over time.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(11-07-2022, 09:09 PM)toolmiser Wrote: My Covid also acted like the "cold from hell".  I was sure it was a cold until my family insisted I test.  My eyes felt like they were going to pop out of the sockets.  I did get a set of pills because I also have a minor case of asthma.  I have had a terrible cough for probably 3 weeks afterwords

After more than a month with a bad cough, I got "nagged" into going to the doctor today.  I hardly slept last night, there was kind of a rattling in my head when taking a breath.  Dr. said my lungs were fine, that I had an upper respiratory issue.  Prescribed Prednisone and said that should help.  I was coughing up white chunks.  Got two doses in me now, hope it works soon.
(11-07-2022, 04:26 PM)bandit571 Wrote: Stay tuned....Cuppa Irish Black Tea, with a few shots of Ryan's Irish Cream....for me sore throat, of course...
Winkgrin

I like your doctor!
It's all wood.
Never had Ryan's but I do like an Irish cream.

I also like Therafluu for bad colds.  Not mixed with Irish cream though. Hope you get better soon.
Day #5..not much change....was informed that I had Laundry Detail, this evening..so
[attachment=45078]
Had a 1 x 6 plank in the shop...and I needed to cut it in half, from 56-1/2" of good Ash....and tossed the "split end"....and, with an assist from a wannabee Shop Cat..
[attachment=45079]
Who was very vocal about his dislike of my Tablesaw.....I then tried to book-match the grain..
[attachment=45080]
Came close?    Need to joint the edges a bit..
[attachment=45081]
After I had marked a big X to show how these two will glue up...

[attachment=45082]
Stanley No. 8c makes some nice curlies...anyway, got the glue and clamps out..
[attachment=45083]
Let this sit until tomorrow...then clean it up, and lay out a few angled cuts....making a caddy to house all of the Boss' slippers....might need 2 shelves?

Nose is running like a cheap Faucet....drip, drip, drip....and them sneezes are beginning to hurt.....let alone the cough...will see how tomorrow goes along,,,
Chest cold update....98% gone.   just a slight sniffle, and a COPD Cough..

Woodworking update....sides are cut to shape..
[attachment=45149]
With a handle shape milled out..
[attachment=45150]
And drum sanded smooth...
[attachment=45151]
dados laid out...
[attachment=45152]

2 shelves have been milled..
[attachment=45153]
To size...ends cut at a 10 degree front to back tapers....and a dovetail bit in the router table was used...
[attachment=45154]
Bit was then use in a hand-held router to mill the socket for the bottom shelf..
[attachment=45155]
So that a dry fit could be attempted..
[attachment=45156]

Try to work out the socket for the top shelf...as it is a Stopped one.....

Stay tuned...
Just an up-date, as to how this thing turned out...Front view..
[attachment=45208]
A look around in back..added a strip to keep slippers in place..
[attachment=45209]
Side view,,,,corners were rounded over a bit...
[attachment=45210]
Shelves are level to the floor....and a look for the top..showing how the sides splay out..
[attachment=45211]
Stain is called "Gunstock" by Minwax...and there is also a coat of "Warm" clear gloss Poly...

And a look at where this will be used...
[attachment=45212]
No..I did NOT make that chair....although, I did make everything thing else...wood wise..

I think that will do...Chest Cold is cured...thanks for looking in..
Under the weather...