Just watched a youtube about this new exterior MDF by Roseberg.    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ50NmqyYiE   
 Has anyone used this new offering? How is it priced compared to regular MDF? I went to their website and searched for local distributors but came up empty in a 300 mile circle. Is it that new?
 I could imagine it will become popular for many uses besides outside objects if it lives up to its advertising- Painted baseboards and bathroom cabinetry for instance. I used a lot of MDF in my workshop furniture. Much of it is twenty or more years old. Over all it has held up nicely. 
 I live in the great white north so humidity has not been a problem with regular MDF but how about you others that live in the humid areas of the country? Does MDF in a non environmentally controlled shop deteriorate?
Proud maker of large quantities of sawdust......oh, and the occasional project!

I hope I have the names correctly. When I was in the museum industry, we started using Medex. It is an exterior grade MDF mainly intended for billboards and other signage. It made its way into the museum industry because it is formaldehyde free. Then, they came out with Medite, an interior version of Medex. Both products worked very well. The big issue with them was gluing. I contacted the manufacturer and was told to use polyurethane glue, basically Gorilla glue. nIt worked. Now, keep in mind, when it came to what was allowed in museums for sensitive artifacts was constantly changing. As new products came out, things changed. For several years, Medex and Medite were the only approved sheet good for museum cases. From what I've seen, the casework still looks great after 10 - 15 years. I'm willing to bet that Armorite is closely related. Medex is also made by Roseburg.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
Armorite Exterior MDF