And use up some leftovers....set up a Kerf machine..
[attachment=45234]
Space between the blade and the fence is 3/8"....some of the scraps were easy to mill..
[attachment=45235]
Just 2 passes did the trick....there are a few that are about 1 x 6 in size....and a Pine board at 9/16" thick...Ran all four edges through..keeping the same face against the fence...then to finish the resaw...
[attachment=45236]
And to have a bit of Cardio....Disston D (no hyphen)8....28" length, 5-1/2ppi....I tried to over-lap the stop lines..
[attachment=45237]
So I could stop BEFORE the saw hit the top of the bench...
[attachment=45238]
A few swipes down the center to smooth things out....there was a 1 x 4  Ash...cut real fast....before I could even get a picture...next up was a bit of Spalted Maple..
[attachment=45239]
Maybe a book match?    Had two more Ash 1 x 6 scraps to saw....was about Cardio-ed out..will try again tomorrow,eh?

Maybe a fancy-schmanzy box?   Might even build a tray for it?

Stay tuned..
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that

Well..this came to a screeching halt....Chest Cold has returned.....along with Sir Arthur (itis) in my hands....

Nose is worse than an old Faucet....drip, drip, drip....and sometimes, it will even miss my shirt...but not the floor.    Cough is back..and, one minute I'm roasting, the next I'm FREEZING.....So...I'm down for the count....Hands hurt enough that opening a Diet Mountain Dew bottle is almost a No-Go....let alone run the Disston Rip saw...

Will give it a few days..then try again....Have a Ward's Master Quality N0.78 in need of a better case, to call home...stay tuned..

(11-26-2022, 04:50 PM)bandit571 Wrote: Well..this came to a screeching halt....Chest Cold has returned.....along with Sir Arthur (itis) in my hands....

Nose is worse than an old Faucet....drip, drip, drip....and sometimes, it will even miss my shirt...but not the floor.    Cough is back..and, one minute I'm roasting, the next I'm FREEZING.....So...I'm down for the count....Hands hurt enough that opening a Diet Mountain Dew bottle is almost a No-Go....let alone run the Disston Rip saw...

Will give it a few days..then try again....Have a Ward's Master Quality N0.78 in need of a better case, to call home...stay tuned..

Take it easy and heal thyself!

I have the same 78, inherited from dear old, deceased dad (2004). Locally, we had Sears and Montgomery Wards stores. Both had extensive tool departments, but dad only had Wards. Why? Only found out a few months ago: Wards was union, Sears was not.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
Managed to resaw the last 2  boards....one will become the sides of the case...another one of the 5 resaws will become the ends....The Pine resaw will be the "floor"...Have not decided on a lid, just yet...

Nose is all messed up....everything smells funny...still dripping, too.   Shop normally is closed on Mondays....gives me an extra day to get to feel better...

Boards are 3/8" thick....and I'll be doing hand chopped finger/box joints...

Stay tuned...

(11-27-2022, 06:43 PM)bandit571 Wrote: Bandit - no joke, you need to take it easy until you are feeling "normal", as in better, even if it takes you several days.  Normal is feeling normal - like you always do.  Now is the time for fluids, analgesics, and doctors'/nurses advice, not woodworking.  Get better, we would not be the same WW website without you!!!
The spalted wood looks really neat.  It would make a nice lid top or similar.  

Only you can decide on what's best for you.  Take it easy and get better.
Ok, trying to get this caught up a bit...as I will be trying to do a glue up later, today..
[attachment=45353]
2 sides, and..
[attachment=45354]
2 for the ends....set out a few tools..
[attachment=45355]
Lay out tools,  a chisel for lay out?
[attachment=45356]
1/4" Witherby to set the spacings....was going to hand saw....hands were too crampy to hold the saws...so
[attachment=45357]
Used the bandsaw, instead...then a chopping pad..
[attachment=45358]
Chop 1/2 way down in one face...flip over and finish up
[attachment=45359]
Then trace around all the fingers, and repeat
[attachment=45360]
Then try a dry fit...
[attachment=45361]
Then repeat for the other 3 corners...including the dry fits
[attachment=45362]
Fun part will be a glue up....trying to keep things clamped up and square.....

Stay tuned..
Glad to see you back in action. Thanks for posting.
Glued up..
[attachment=45378]
Let sit a day.. then remove the clamps...
[attachment=45379]
Clean up the corners, sand smooth....check that the bottom panel will fit...
[attachment=45380]
Then glue it in place..
[attachment=45381]
And let it sit a day....mill a few pieces to make a panel for a lid...
[attachment=45382]
Vise acts as a caul for one end...
[attachment=45383]
And this is a caul for the other end....let this sit a day...or 2......then clean up, level, cut to final width and length..and lay out for bread board ends

Stay tuned...
Trimming out/up...
Bread board ends added..
[attachment=45439]
Tongue & Groove...
[attachment=45440]
Then trimmed to match the box..
[attachment=45441]
Tools to add hinges..
[attachment=45442]
Hinges added..
[attachment=45443]
Do the same for the latch.   Then the ends...
[attachment=45444]
Then add the handles...
[attachment=45445]
Add a coat of Gunstock stain...
[attachment=45446]
Glue some blocking inside the box..
[attachment=45447]
To set the plane on..
[attachment=45448]

BRB...have also Varnished the outside...
Trying to make some sawdust