This has been on my bucket list for years and I finally got around to building a windsor chair. Many thanks to Greg Pennington who put on the class. Great teacher and one of the most generous and patient individuals I have ever met. Not quite done yet, but pretty close, and I'm really happy with how it turned out. This is my first chair of any kind FWIW.
[attachment=45462]

Looks fantastic … nice work!
Wink 
Very nice chair. Are you going to build another?
Definitely going to build more chairs. My plan is to build some stools and benches to get my skill up then progress to backed chairs. I’ll probably make another comb back to match this one so my wife and I can have matching chairs. I’d really like to build Curtis Buchanan’s democratic rocker after getting to sit in one at chairmaking class.
Very nice work.
Yes

Where does Greg teach?
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
Greg’s shop is in Hendersonville, TN, near Nashville. It’s an awesome place, 18x36 timber frame shop with pole barn addition for machines and wood storage, etc. He’s got a great collection of hand tools so it was nice to get to try a bunch of different (and sharp) tools. His 2023 classes are already sold out but I can’t recommend him highly enough. Just a great teacher. He’s a student of Curtis Buchanan if you know who that is, so next best thing to taking a class from Curtis himself.
Very nicely done, you should be both very proud and pleased, I know I would...
Wow, very nice work.  

That style of chair always looks so delicate to me that I would be afraid to sit in it.  How do you find it for strength and stability?
(12-14-2022, 05:51 PM)ajkoontz Wrote: This has been on my bucket list for years and I finally got around to building a windsor chair. Many thanks to Greg Pennington who put on the class. Great teacher and one of the most generous and patient individuals I have ever met. Not quite done yet, but pretty close, and I'm really happy with how it turned out. This is my first chair of any kind FWIW.

Well done!
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
Very well done.  

Frank S in IA
I Finally Built a Windsor Chair