I'm in the process of setting up a new VFD for Arlin Eastman's Powermatic 3520B lathe. Since I have no way to verify the VFD will interface correctly with the controls on the lathe before shipping it to him, I will probably need some help verifying some of the parameters. Is there anyone who owns a 3520B lathe that would be willing to check some of the parameters on their VFD for me? Currently I would like verification on Group 4 parameters but I'll probably have a couple more. If you're not comfortable navigating the keypad on the lathe I will be able to help you.

I'm still working through the details but should have a complete list of what I need in a day or so.

Thanks!
Frank

(02-07-2023, 09:56 AM)FrankAtl Wrote: I'm in the process of setting up a new VFD for Arlin Eastman's Powermatic 3520B lathe. Since I have no way to verify the VFD will interface correctly with the controls on the lathe before shipping it to him, I will probably need some help verifying some of the parameters. Is there anyone who owns a 3520B lathe that would be willing to check some of the parameters on their VFD for me? Currently I would like verification on Group 4 parameters but I'll probably have a couple more. If you're not comfortable navigating the keypad on the lathe I will be able to help you.

I'm still working through the details but should have a complete list of what I need in a day or so.

Thanks!
Frank

I can't help you, but you're doing a good thing.
One thing Frank is if all the wireing will match.  I am really dumb and know I can not figure it out so a local guy will have to so he would have to know what he is looking for.  hope I am saying it right
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.

(02-07-2023, 03:32 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: One thing Frank is if all the wireing will match.  I am really dumb and know I can not figure it out so a local guy will have to so he would have to know what he is looking for.  hope I am saying it right

Arlin, I'm drawing up a connection diagram for you using the wiring diagram in the PM3520B manual so I'll be able to include the wire colors as well as the terminal each one connects to. I got a little tied up with my day job the last couple of days but I hope to have the wiring documentation complete by tomorrow.

imapseudonym has offered (thanks buddy) to help me verify a few parameters I'll need to program the new drive so I'm hoping it will be a "plug-and-play deal"...famous last words but I'm hopeful! 
Laugh
imapseudonym  Thanks for the help!
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Here's a YouTube that may help---

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bETq-OLSC4g

Gary
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone

(02-10-2023, 08:26 AM)shoottmx Wrote: Here's a YouTube that may help---

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bETq-OLSC4g

Gary

Thanks Gary, I think this will be very helpful. I was having trouble following some of the wire colors using the manual and he shows them very clearly in the video. 

I appreciate all you guys helping me on this. I injured my hand a couple of weeks ago and found out yesterday that I need surgery. The surgery is this coming Monday so it may delay me finishing this for a week or so but I'm hopeful it will work. I just have to make sure I get everything correct since I don't have access to the lathe.

Frank
As a sidebar, it blows my mind how much these full size PM lathes cost nowadays. Yowza.
(02-10-2023, 01:05 PM)FrankAtl Wrote: Thanks Gary, I think this will be very helpful. I was having trouble following some of the wire colors using the manual and he shows them very clearly in the video. 

I appreciate all you guys helping me on this. I injured my hand a couple of weeks ago and found out yesterday that I need surgery. The surgery is this coming Monday so it may delay me finishing this for a week or so but I'm hopeful it will work. I just have to make sure I get everything correct since I don't have access to the lathe.

Frank

You're welcome, this vid popped up when I was looking for something totally unrelated. Interesting sometimes what YT thinks I want to watch.

Good luck with your hand and VFD repair!

Gary
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
Frank - I have a 3520b so if you need something just let me know. Work’s really crazy right now but I can get out to the shop to answer questions. John
Trying to help Arlin, might need a favor from a Powermatic 3520B owner