Just purchased a walnut dining room table that has bad swirl marks.
Going to try and sand them out. Wondering what finish I should apply. Was considering semi gloss varnish mixed with Danish oil.
Don’t have spray equipment, so will need to be wipe on finish. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
John.
I'm so far behind, I think I'm first.
John

First, make sure you are not dealing with veneer. You can sand through it very quickly. If the swirls are in an existing finish, I recommend you use a chemical stripper before doing a light sanding by hand.
Waterlox is a durable product that can be wiped on. It is kinda similar to what you propose but probably a lot more durable.
I wouldn't use a danish oil. A wiping varnish will quite a bit more durable. The oil component in the danish oil makes that a little softer, something I wouldn't want on a dining table. Wlliyou mentioned Waterlox; it would be a good choice, if that's too dark just use one you mix your self, 50/50 varnish/MS.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I agree with WillYou.  Use a chemical stripper and then lightly hand sand.  

John
Thanks to all that responded. Every little bit helps.
John
I'm so far behind, I think I'm first.
John
Refinishing table.