I have a Dewalt miter saw (non-slider), that is terrible with saw dust. Is there a blade that might help reduce saw dust blowing everywhere from the saw?

Thanks in advance!

T
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com

My miter saw is also a Dewalt, and I think the answer is no.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.

(03-11-2023, 01:31 PM)fredhargis Wrote: My miter saw is also a Dewalt, and I think the answer is no.

Are there any miter saws with better dust “containment”?
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
(03-11-2023, 02:07 PM)Tony Z Wrote: Are there any miter saws with better dust “containment”?

Pretty sure that that answer is also no.
No first hand experience, but the guys with a Kapex claim it has fairly good dust containment. If i spent that much on a miter saw I'd say that, too.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
The Kapex has excellent dust collection for a miter saw. It is not magic. But it is better at dust collection than any other compound miter I've used.

Frankly, the combination of cheapest and best is probably one of those miter dust hoods, followed by a dedicated station with containment (walls) and collection (vacuum port), at the expense of portability.
Math is tough. Let's go shopping!
I use a strong Ridgid wet/dry vacuum with a Dustopper and bucket to collect the dust along with a iSocket auto switch to cycle the vacuum on/off with use of my saw. I found this video on YouTube of a guy who put this contraption onto the vacuum. I followed his idea and it works pretty good and I like that I’m not clogging my vacuum filter. It is not perfect control but much better than the bag or vacuum alone.

https://www.rockler.com/i-socket-autoswi...Margin%20B

https://youtu.be/WyBuRjO54NM
Any free advice given is worth double price paid.
(03-11-2023, 09:05 AM)Tony Z Wrote: I have a Dewalt miter saw (non-slider), that is terrible with saw dust.  Is there a blade that might help reduce saw dust blowing everywhere from the saw?

Thanks in advance!

T

Festool Kapex if you are attached to the idea of a miter saw.

I decided not to allocate that much space in my shop to cross cutting, so I picked up a used Festool carpentry saw.  Very little dust.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC_oEuBs6Aw
You are frequently puzzled by things you tell us you fully understand. - Bob10 to EH 9/22/16

Too much has been made out of my mostly idle comments  - Cletus 12/9/15

You sound like one of those survivalist, hoarder, tin foil hat, militia, clinger, wackjobs.  - Fear Monger 1/30/13
The kapex is the king when it comes to dust extraction. Not perfect but you can't find a better saw on that. The makita tries to match it with two dust ports but some owners are not impressed.

Whatever blade used, it won't be the deal breaker.

Simon
About the dust stopper, it's good but not as good as the dust deputy. The new version of dust deputy is even better. If you want the best in the league, go for the dust deputy. Check out a comparison video on the Oneida site.

Simon
Miter saw blade