Getting supplied for any of the Projects for the Month of May...drove over to my hardwood dealer...handsaws and a camera in the backseat...

Thought I could use the Disston D8 to cut those 10 footers down to fit into my Chevy Equinox a bit better...

But..it turned out to be rather...DULL..

Dealer was the "Cameraman"....decided to switch to that Disston No. 7, instead..

Seemed to be quite a bit sharper...had seven 10' long 1 x 6 planks to cut down...

And get a bit of Cardio, to boot....then load up 14 planks..

1 x 6 x 5' Ash....then pay the guy his $30 and head back home....woodworking was done(almost) for today...still had to haul these into the house...

Not too bad of a day?    Still have to re-sharpen that DULL D8...although, I did refresh the No. 7 when I got home...
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that

That's a nice collection of lumber for only $30.  Nice haul.
jeeez, that's a lot of wood for $30.
Hopefully....there will be enough to make a 4' wide "Garden Bench".....we'll see..
You guys beat me to it.  All that nice wood for only $30
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
where do I go about finding myself a hardwood dealer?

(04-28-2023, 08:15 PM)SleepLessThan3 Wrote: where do I go about finding myself a hardwood dealer?
First you have to move near Bandit.  He seems to live near abundant, inexpensive wood.
It's all wood.

(04-29-2023, 12:18 PM)ChuckHill Wrote:
(04-28-2023, 08:15 PM)SleepLessThan3 Wrote: where do I go about finding myself a hardwood dealer?

First you have to move near Bandit.  He seems to live near abundant, inexpensive wood.

Other than that, Woodfinder occasionally shows up in the advertising link at the top of the WN page.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
Looks like the Bandit has struck again.
If you continue to cut corners, you'll end up going in circles!

It's my thumb so I'll hit it if I want to!
Unable to reply at the moment, let alone post any pictures..
Lumber Run