If anyone is struggling with Lee Valley Precision Double Square ( Precision Double Square - Lee Valley Tools ) blade not locking firmly, there is a Replacement Locking Screw (item #24N0803) available. It's not available online and you will have to call customer service department at 1-800-267-8761 (Canada) or 1-800-267-8735 (US). Cost is CAD $7.50. The main difference is the width of the lock bolt. In the old version it is 1/4" while the new one is 21/64". The extra 5/64" makes a whole lot of difference & the blade locks firmly with no slippage. HTH.

The locking screw in my 20 year old LV double square broke a couple years ago; that's when I found out that the replacement screws are available.  I called Customer Service on a Saturday morning because I was afraid that it was the end of the line for my trusty square.  Lee Valley had a replacement screw to me within a week.

That event taught me to never give up on a Lee Valley tool.  One call to Customer Service will set you right.  Even on a Saturday!
Ray
(formerly "WxMan")

(05-09-2023, 07:18 AM)R Clark Wrote: The locking screw in my 20 year old LV double square broke a couple years ago; that's when I found out that the replacement screws are available.  I called Customer Service on a Saturday morning because I was afraid that it was the end of the line for my trusty square.  Lee Valley had a replacement screw to me within a week.

That event taught me to never give up on a Lee Valley tool.  One call to Customer Service will set you right.  Even on a Saturday!

I had a similar experience with one (of two) screws on their grinding jig.  I somehow lost the screw, which renders the jig useless without it.  I called them and the girl on the phone couldn't find a part number, looked and looked, called one of her colleagues, located the screw and sent me two of them (in case I lost one again).  They are great, in my experience, too!
PSA - Replacement Locking Screw for Lee Valley Precision Double Square