Static buildup with Jet JCDC 1.5 HP Dust Collector
(06-06-2024, 06:39 PM)barnowl Wrote: On my dust collector, the hose has a spiral wire in it. 
I attached a jumper wire from the end of the spiral wire to a screw on the dust collector body. 
The static went away.

Ok I am going to try that as my dust hose has the same coiled spiral wire that is embedded in my dust hose.  I am going to try and ground that portion to my dust collector.  did you also ground it on the other side of your hose to whatever its hooked up to?
(06-07-2024, 10:27 AM)Johnny Currado Wrote: Ok I am going to try that as my dust hose has the same coiled spiral wire that is embedded in my dust hose.  I am going to try and ground that portion to my dust collector.  did you also ground it on the other side of your hose to whatever its hooked up to?

Normally just one end is grounded.  Roly
(06-07-2024, 10:27 AM)Johnny Currado Wrote: Ok I am going to try that as my dust hose has the same coiled spiral wire that is embedded in my dust hose.  I am going to try and ground that portion to my dust collector.  did you also ground it on the other side of your hose to whatever its hooked up to?

No, just to one of the mounting screws on the front face of the Jet dust collector.
[Image: usa-flag-waving-united-states-of-america...if-clr.gif]