Small Shop
Get into turning, lathe can hug the wall and makes a manageable mess.  That and a 14" bandsaw should get you started.
(07-07-2024, 08:40 AM)Halfathumb Wrote: Last year I sold almost everything and now I'm having sellers remorse. We moved to an adult apartment complex. I only have an oversized garage that I have to share with my car. I'm open for suggestions as to what I can make with limited space and downsized tools. I my love was making furniture but that's not very realistic now.

I now live in Overland Park, Ks. Any groupies in the KC area?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Jim

Kansas Ciy Woodworkers Guld

I was a member for years when I lived in Kansas City.
VH07V  
How about a mini lathe for turning ?

-or-

Looking for a “makers space “ that rents time in their shop when you feel like a project ? While not a down a dozen, they are starting to grow in large cities.
If it were me, I'd be thinking along the lines of small, elegant wooden boxes, serving trays, carved spoons and such things. They don't take up much room and they can be made with traditional hand tools that can be packed away in a tool box. You would probably need a workbench but it wouldn't need to be large. I'm probably on the verge of taking this step anyway. My shop is small (16' X 27'). Building large furniture pieces has become an increasing challenge - storing and handling lumber, moving machines around or dismantling and storing them to make room for large pieces, and all of that has become daunting at my age. Small stuff is the answer for me. I'm looking forward to honing my hand tool skills.