Current deals at Grizzly
(09-01-2024, 07:13 PM)kurt18947 Wrote: I was looking at the other band saws and noticed the 17" 2 HP saw had aluminum wheels. I wonder why they went with aluminum rather than cast iron. Do any other Griz 0513 series band saws come with aluminum wheels?

Shoot, I ordered that one not even thinking to look at that.  It will not see much use so I'll give it a try.  Harvey is my new favorite import tool company but couldn't pull the trigger for a saw that will not see much use.
Brian, didn't you just sell an MM16 a few years back? Anyway, it ends to day but the Harvey Alpha 15" BS is on sale with $700 off ($2299) ad free shipping (normally a $499 kicker). I passed on the Shop Fox giving the Harvey some more consideration.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(09-04-2024, 12:43 PM)fredhargis Wrote: Brian, didn't you just sell an MM16 a few years back? Anyway, it ends to day but the Harvey Alpha 15" BS is on sale with $700 off ($2299) ad free shipping (normally a $499 kicker). I passed on the Shop Fox giving the Harvey some more consideration.

I had an MM16 Fred but sold it.  Moved into a Townhouse in 2017 and moved out not too long ago, need to stock up on tools again.  The Grizzly was $1250 I believe so a good price for a good size saw, don't think I need more than 2HP.
(09-04-2024, 12:43 PM)fredhargis Wrote: Brian, didn't you just sell an MM16 a few years back? Anyway, it ends to day but the Harvey Alpha 15" BS is on sale with $700 off ($2299) ad free shipping (normally a $499 kicker). I passed on the Shop Fox giving the Harvey some more consideration.

It wasn't me.

The shop fox 5hp BS was 21" for $2795.  I picked it up so no shipping.  It's back up to $4020 now.

I like Harvey's stuff.  I especially like their dust collectors.  But their prices are just too high vs other options.
(09-04-2024, 04:23 PM)blanning Wrote: It wasn't me.

I was addressing it to Brian at Holbren, sorry for the confusion.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(09-04-2024, 12:43 PM)fredhargis Wrote:  Anyway, it ends to day but the Harvey Alpha 15" BS is on sale with $700 off ($2299) ad free shipping (normally a $499 kicker). 

I think the next Harvey sale starts the minute the previous one ends. 
Smile  

I have a couple of Harvey tools, including the C14 bandsaw (3HP, CI table and wheels).  I resaw hardwoods on that bandsaw all the time and it's a dream.
(09-06-2024, 08:39 AM)camp10 Wrote: I think the next Harvey sale starts the minute the previous one ends. 
Smile  

I have a couple of Harvey tools, including the C14 bandsaw (3HP, CI table and wheels).  I resaw hardwoods on that bandsaw all the time and it's a dream.

It seems you're correct about the sale stuff. As soon as the sale on the Alpha 15" I mentioned was over they brought out the next sale, now the saw is $1849 plus $500 shipping...about the same as what I posted earlier.
(09-03-2024, 04:28 PM)Brian in sunny FL Wrote: Shoot, I ordered that one not even thinking to look at that.  It will not see much use so I'll give it a try.  Harvey is my new favorite import tool company but couldn't pull the trigger for a saw that will not see much use.

If it becomes a problem for you (it probably won't) I'd be pretty sure you could order cast iron wheels and swap 'em out.