Old arn pic thread
Here's a before picture on my jointer seeing I didn't notice any art deco bases, don't have any good after shots due to lack of room.

Had this before I had to upgrade

Got a few more OWWM but they were NWWM when I bought them.
An old early 20th century Buffalo Forge hand cranked drill press. I removed the rust and cleaned it but didn't do any more restoration than that and re lubricating it.

I also machined a chuck mount and chuck to fit into the original Sliver and Deming style chuck. This drill does work... but slowly. It is self plunging.

Peter

My "day job"
Brad, thanks for your thoughts.

Mark
Another keeper. Red Star ras. Code:

I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
Not a tool per se, but a motor for one. Early 20th century repulsion-start, induction-run made by Century. It's in line for restoration, but I don't know if I'll ever get to it. Too many other things demanding my time. Runs fine, though it's a bit rough looking.

Kinda big for 1 hp, compared to the 1 hp Baldor sitting next to it.

Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
SWEET ! You have got to love Walker Turner machines.
I know the voices aren't real but man do they have some great ideas !

People discuss my art and pretend to understand as if it were necessary to understand, when it's simply necessary to love. - Claude Monet

Slav Jelesijevich said:

Restored this a few years ago and have been adding little extras over the years. Nicknamed the drill press of death.

Slav

looks like something out of Aliens
I know the voices aren't real but man do they have some great ideas !

People discuss my art and pretend to understand as if it were necessary to understand, when it's simply necessary to love. - Claude Monet
TDKPE said:

Hey Tom....What is it about this repulsion-start induction-run that makes it desirable? How was it better?

Andrew
"That's like getting a running start and diving headfirst into the vortex."

Steve Freidman 4/21/2013

Greg

It's better to burn out than it is to rust

Danchris Nursery
2beast said:

Hey, a Boice-Crane Helmet Head drill press! Literally, that was their name. Not many around, I got one once, single most hideous machine I've ever had. No offense, 2Beast, that's a nice looking one. Nothing like the one I was given. They are seriously heavy 15" machines.

Bill
Know, think, choose, do -- Ender's Shadow