Returning Grizz 8 in jointer, G0656XW
Gentlemen, I did receive a call and email from an engineer at grizzly. I forwarded him the three pictures I have of the motor assembly. He said they are going to take a look at it and get to the bottom of it. Meanwhile my Jointer is crated up and scheduled for pick up this morning. Now that Papa is involved I'm sure everything will turn out fine. They're taking it back and I bope to have a functioning jointer in the shop as soon as possible.

Oh and I'm not quite 80 yet, just turned 60 this year. I just feel like I'm 80 sometimes
I took offense at the 80 year old statement (I'm 63), as if the buyer's age is an excuse for a supplier's screw-up. If I were Papa Grizz, I would be questioning why I had to enter the fray to straighten out what his customer service people couldn't.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
MagsĀ® said:

Being in retail like I am, you don't always get both sides of the story. I can attest to how difficult it is to always please all customers with 100% satisfaction results. I'm glad to see Grizzly has taken the time to address the issue, I'm sure they will get it squared away.

+1

It takes a strong guy to reply in public forums to problems like this, I give Mr. Balolia credit.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
frigator said:

Oh and I'm not quite 80 yet, just turned 60 this year. I just feel like I'm 80 sometimes

Meh. You're just a kid.
Tony Z said:

I took offense at the 80 year old statement (I'm 63), as if the buyer's age is an excuse for a supplier's screw-up. If I were Papa Grizz, I would be questioning why I had to enter the fray to straighten out what his customer service people couldn't.

Exactly my thoughts. Expecially since frigator isn't anywhere close to 80; he indicated he's 60. I'll give PApa G. the benefit of the doubt but it sounds like his CS people fumbled the situation and when questioned by higher-ups they may have tried to scape-goat the customer buying saying he was a relic and couldn't be reasoned with.

The whole event is unfortunate for both Grizz and frigator. Lose - loose situation here. Papa G. stopping by to tell the comunity why our perceptions of Grizzly's CS department are all wrong and having a engineer call ftigator appears to be the net outcome
I googled papa grizzlies name and discovered this guy is quite an individual. He started grizzly from nothing, selling reconditioned metal working machines. He's made all those guitars in the catalog and is also quite the marksman. He's like on the world championships shooting team. There's some photos of him holding an incredible looking rifle. And I have to commend him for being involved in the woodworking forums and coming on here and addressing the situation.

Their customer service isn't perfect perfect but at least when I call there I can talk to a live human being and don't have to end up pressing a dozen buttons.
I've been looking at the reviews of some other joiners. And we think the powermatic is the best. But you should read some of the nightmares people have had with the powermatic 8 inch joiner and the bad customer service they have received.

So I'm sitting at my shop waiting for the truck to arrive. Need to get this huge crate out of here so I can start putting my dust pipe up.
Admiral said:

+1

It takes a strong guy to reply in public forums to problems like this, I give Mr. Balolia credit.

Strong or crazy? People should be thrilled that the head of a company would come on here to address a problem but instead they take shots from behind a keyboard like a bunch of youtube commenters. Then again irony is nothing new here, the "patriots" on our forum abhor entrepreneurs it seems, just ask Gass.
RD
------------------------------------------------------------------
"Boy could I have used those pocket screws!" ---Duncan Phyfe
Richard D. said:

[blockquote]Admiral said:

+1

Strong or crazy? People should be thrilled that the head of a company would come on here to address a problem but instead they take shots from behind a keyboard like a bunch of youtube commenters. Then again irony is nothing new here, the "patriots" on our forum abhor entrepreneurs it seems, just ask Gass.

[/blockquote]

Well, you know, Rob Lee steps in here when there is an issue and makes it right; Here, Mr. Balolia is just doing the same thing in his own way. We should welcome that here. The OP did get a call from an engineer, and no doubt Griz CS dropped the ball for a while, but nobody expects a CEO to have detailed knowledge of every CS issue.

I prefer strong over crazy, as he did engage knowing he would take some fudge and cheap shots, as you point out. He's been in this business a long time, and weathered a lot of rough-and-tumble in building his business. I think he does a great job with his company and is justifiably proud of it, I've owned several Griz machines and have always been satisfied, more than satisfied, and would buy another if the need arose.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Richard D. said:

+1

[/blockquote]

Amen to that. Ken
Ken Vick said:

[blockquote]Richard D. said:

+1

[/blockquote]

Amen to that. Ken

[/blockquote]

Agree to the n +1!

Doug