Replacement windows by Anderson
All I want to do is pop off the stops and take out the sash and the tracks. Replace with new. If they measure right should fit right in and replace the stops and we are done. I do not want to start ripping window frames out and tearing off all my oak moldings. Anything with double pane windows will help the cold and the noise. There are only 9 windows plus the sliding door and maybe the front bay window. So money wise we are not talking a killer. My question is the material they use for their windows better than others as they claim.???

The neighbor next to me had his done 5 years ago. It was with BF Rich windows. Anyone use them before and what are your thoughts.??? He moved this summer so he gave me the info but he said he had one problem and they fixed it with a new window the very first year. Other than that he was happy. Just worry about having to tract down some contractor. He used a couple friends of his to install.
John T.
Replaced all of mine with the Tiltpack style, from Jeldwen (identical to Caradco) Each custom made, to field measurements. Ordered from HomeDepot using a 15% off custom window promotion, coupled/stacked with a 10% discount for opening a new CC acct. My windows are all around 42" wide, 6' tall downstairs, 5.5' upstairs. 2 over 2 DH, narrow muntins, GBG, low E. Alum clad exterior, primed interior...
Easy removal of existing 130 yo windows and installation of new. All work from inside, without removing any casing (just sash trim which gets reinstalled. One thing I recommend is using screws, not the nails they provide for the jamb liner retainer clips...Easily less than an hour per window, overall...
What an amazing difference in sound and conditioning!
Marvin made wood windows for me
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

In a past life, I sold windows. Pella, Marvin, Anderson and various vinyl window brands. The nice thing about Pella, Anderson and Marvin is that parts are easier to find than many of the vinyl window parts of other manufacturers. I much prefer Marvin and Anderson to Pella, simply because they are much easier to deal from a customer standpoint. Pella can be a real pain in the rump.

The problem with Vinyl window is that the companies come and go. Just because the window has a lifetime warranty, it doesn't mean they will be in business next year. Even some of the name brands like Owens Corning just re-badge other products and don't actually stock parts or make vinyl windows.

I represented a great vinyl window company made in New Jersey caller Survivor. We sold them for about 4 years and lots of the big box stores represented them. We never had any problems until one morning they shut down the plant and that was it. They were gone. 

Another Vinyl window company I represented was Mi. Mi used to be called Metal Industries in the 70's They started out making aluminum windows and doors. They probably still do. They also make very nice vinyl replacement windows. One of the things I really like about Mi is that the 1650 (the model I buy) series is painted. Many companies don't paint their vinyl. Vinyl eventually degrades in sunlight unless it's painted. Last I knew, none of the unpainted vinyl window companies covered sun damage in their warranty. I'm pretty sure Mi is the largest vinyl window manufacturer in the world. We don't hear their name much (unless you are old or are a contractor) because their products are re-badged under various different brand names. Based in PA, but have a few plants in the US. I still buy them without a second thought.

Anyway, here's a link if you are interested. Their site isn't overly intuitive for retail buyers, you will still have to deal with a local distributor or installer. They are all over the place.

Mi
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

My house was built in 2000, and one of the bedroom lower sashes developed a crescent shaped crack in the glass, so I needed to buy another lower sash.  My lumber yard guy told me to call up Andersen to narrow down the type (it turned out to be 200 series) and have them give me a part number so he could order.  So yesterday I called, got a really nice guy on the phone and told him I needed a part number so I can order a new one; he helped me figure it all out, then asked for pictures from my phone to be emailed to him, then put me on hold for 5 minutes and came back and said the glass has a 20 year warranty and they would be sending me a new sash, gratis, and apologized for the glass failure.  I didn't even ask about any warranty (didn't think I had one, frankly).  I found this refreshing, and great customer service.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Hi there. We are also planning to install windows and doors for our new home. so, my friend has recommended me about Florida impact windows and doors for impact doors and windows service.For more information you can check this website. I dont know much about Anderson group but i think this might be a little help from my side.Thank you.
Pattsey,

Anderson is one of the largest residential window and door manufacturers in the country and their products are generally known to be of very high quality and has parts availability all over the country and stocks and sells parts for products long out of production. You can walk into any Home Depot or Lowes or any Anderson retailer and order parts. They employ 9000 people nationwide and are 113 years old.

How does that stack up against Storm Guard (which looks like an installer)?

They only have one Yelp review and it isn't very good.

Nice try on the stealth ad though.

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

We had Marvin vinyl windows installed at our old house, but when we moved, we sadly needed new windows. We bought Anderson and there is just no comparison to Marvin.

First Anderson employs their own installation crews--- no subs. The composit material is way stronger than vinyl and works and locks like a champ. We also had them replace two sliding doors. On one, the lock was pretty stiff. They fixed it , no charge. We later had them replace our double front door (which I hated) with a single door and two matching sidelights. It's fantastic.

Cheap prices---- heck no! But worth the money.
Dave
(11-09-2016, 06:38 PM)daveferg Wrote: We had Marvin vinyl windows installed at our old house, but when we moved, we sadly needed new windows.  We bought Anderson and there is just no comparison to Marvin.

First Anderson employs their own installation crews--- no subs.  The composit material is way stronger than vinyl and works and locks like a champ.  We also had them replace two sliding doors.  On one, the lock was pretty stiff.  They fixed it , no charge.  We later had them replace our double front door (which I hated) with a single door and two matching sidelights.  It's fantastic.  

Cheap prices---- heck no! But worth the money.

Good to hear. It is on my list come spring. I too will have my patio door replaced. Will think about the front bay window and front door. Have to see what kind of deal I can get. Thanks
John T.
I don't know about Anderson employing their own installers, they might but anybody can buy and install Anderson windows. You can buy them at Home Depot or order them from Home Depot and put them in yourself, hire someone or have Home Depot's subs do it.

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS