Block plane IDs needed
I acquired a few block planes and I'm looking for ID and hopefully a reasonable value as I am planning on selling them. I'm a woodturner and have no use for these.

The first I believe is a Millers Falls No. 7 the other 2 are Stanley.

TIA, Yak

[Image: hl5pMhQ-F7doWsFtFaxjkkTbXYGrymFDzvAkdXU5...90-h788-no]

[Image: ZKXhxjJiPmdYEt2rSbS6UMauhX4Nldvab3TWKqBP...90-h788-no]

[Image: viRxFMWAl0eZX-bxNj3hrw0mvx0smxGVe8NpqM-4...90-h788-no]

[Image: yCpasLTnFIYXCpsgVSodwjryK5G7rKzhP-MUFGZa...90-h788-no]
If it don't hold soup, it's ART!!

Dry Creek Woodturning

No. 1 sure looks Millers-Falls to me, and, yes, a No. 7 if so.  Any ID on the cutting iron?

For Nos 2 and 3, you should spend an evening reading through Patrick Leach's Blood and Gore: http://supertool.com/StanleyBG/stan0.htm

No. 2 looks like maybe a No. 9-1/4

No. 3 looks like a No. 18
Bill is correct on all three.
Yep Another with Steve And Bill  I like the way a #18 feels in the hand
south vietnam war collage
As far as value goes, you could either search the Swap-N-Sell here or look at eBay prices for sold items.  Don't go by the listed price.   The MF is probably the least rare of the group.  The Stanley's are pretty common planes.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Some of those planes will have their model number, stamped about where your thumb would go.   If you clean the left sides CAREFULLY, you may just find the numbers there...
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Thanks all. I gathered enough courage to take some scotchbrite to the planes and found ID on the no 7 and 9 1/4 and research shows the other is a no 18

Dry Creek Woodturning

All are very worthy planes, clean, sharpen and put them to use.  Excellent find!
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(01-29-2017, 06:32 PM)Admiral Wrote: All are very worthy planes, clean, sharpen and put them to use.  Excellent find!

The only things in my shop is round stuff and plywood
Wink

Dry Creek Woodturning

(01-29-2017, 07:58 PM)AnthonyYak Wrote: The only things in my shop is round stuff and plywood
Wink

That can be fixed...