Amputation and First Aid **GRAPHIC**
Snip

"It is kinda morbidly interesting... He lost a little just to the first knuckle on one finger and just above the second knuckle on the other. Again, there was NO BLOOD!! That was almost as disturbing as anything."

Not always but many times on amputation injuries the vessels "cusp" and literally roll themselves up, closing off blood flow. It is indeed strange to look at. Unfortunately I have seen perfect little cross sections of fingers way too many times.

No gloves with revolving power equipment.

Use the darn guards, really. At least. Adding extras like push sticks is not being unmanly, simply smart.

Completely understand the safe operation of every tool, BEFORE you use it.

"Know" what will happen if you do THIS........

Think every time you move your hands around running machinery.

If unable to do all of the above, it really is when, not if.

There are many many more parts to this, but this is bare bones, must do kinda stuff.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
(07-11-2017, 10:15 PM)AHill Wrote: I don't know if they still do it, but the Navy used to publish a monthly safety magazine.  They would always include a very graphic picture of what happens when you do unsafe things.  Amputated fingers, crushed feet, impaled body parts - you name it.  The point of the graphics is the same as the film you'd see in Driver's Ed in high school (back when they had Driver's Ed in HS) - to cause you to think very hard about being safe and to realize there could be consequences for not being safe.

Allan while I agree with what you are saying, we have unfortunately moved into a time, that some people look at an injury, disfiguring, loss of use of body parts, and all the other grizzly injuries most sane people try to avoid, as a way to get rich in America. I am unaware of another country where you can admit to doing everything wrong, and still be awarded a large sum of cash, because you did everything wrong. That to me is more frightening, than the injuries themselves.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
(07-13-2017, 11:02 PM)Steve N Wrote: Allan while I agree with what you are saying, we have unfortunately moved into a time, that some people look at an injury, disfiguring, loss of use of body parts, and all the other grizzly injuries most sane people try to avoid, as a way to get rich in America. I am unaware of another country where you can admit to doing everything wrong, and still be awarded a large sum of cash, because you did everything wrong. That to me is more frightening, than the injuries themselves.

Ask as well if showing the proper way of doing things is as effective as showing improper, and the results of same?  I know we learn fastest from our own mistakes, but from others'? 

I have seen quite enough gore, myself, and avoid new views.  

NO GLOVES!
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.