What power tool are you most cautious with?
(08-08-2017, 04:08 PM)EightFingers Wrote:
I'm afraid of dull tools and bad You-Tube videos.....

A voice of reason.
Big Grin
Big Grin

I am too, plus Wimmins with that look in their eye.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
All I know for certain is Joe Spackle has cut more lumber than anyone bickering in this thing by a darn sight, and he still has all 10 fangers. I would conclude being a person that believes in statistics that he is the winner. Now Dougie, don't even start up with you've cut more wood. I am talking about the actual cutting of wood, not dreaming about cutting wood.

Proceed.....

GW
(08-08-2017, 01:42 PM)Tapper Wrote: A healthy respect for all tools from a safety perspective, and the sense to embrace new leading-edge safety technology when it is invented, a la Sawstop. You seem to ignore the fact that I'm not the only owner of a Sawstop tablesaw.  Pretty successful enterprise, just in case you have yet to notice. 

Stand pat on your demeanor - it's deplorable and you've taken steps to earn every ounce of it.

Doug

a healthy respect for the tools or the fear they invoke upon your sensitivities?

You call it deplorable, I call it whatever it takes to get through to those who care enough to read and share and have benefitted from my demeanor. 

if that is deplorable then  much like fear you need to take stock in what gets the point across. 

I am not about to dance around the subject, nor will I stand for those who do. 

You qualify as one who absolutely needs not to speak, you never learned properly to start with.

to that end you sir are just another statistic waiting to happen
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

(08-08-2017, 06:18 PM)Trumpisalyinhypocirite Wrote: Chain saw

Your user name offends my sensibilities, it would be fine in the basement, but it is a poor choice for upstairs. Mods please look into this.

Thank you.

GW
(08-08-2017, 06:10 PM)Steve N Wrote: All I know for certain is Joe Spackle has cut more lumber than anyone bickering in this thing by a darn sight, and he still has all 10 fangers. I would conclude being a person that believes in statistics that he is the winner.

Now I get it. The whole thing is not about rationality or reasoning or, darn, even safety. It's a "you-win-I-lose" competition. It's all about winning! Ok, now winner declared, shall we move on please (to another competition)? (The winning yardstick was so laughable and pathetic, though!)

Simon
(08-08-2017, 07:33 PM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: Now I get it. The whole thing is not about rationality or reasoning or, darn, even safety. It's a "you-win-I-lose" competition. It's all about winning! Ok, now winner declared, shall we move on please (to another competition)? (The winning yardstick was so laughable and pathetic, though!)

Simon

sorry you have it backwards there:  the only ones who LOSE are the ones who cannot rationally conclude  FEAR has no place in the shop 

which leads me to wonder why you are still here 

it really makes no sense
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

(08-08-2017, 06:29 PM)JGrout Wrote: a healthy respect for the tools or the fear they invoke upon your sensitivities?

You call it deplorable, I call it whatever it takes to get through to those who care enough to read and share and have benefitted from my demeanor. 

if that is deplorable then  much like fear you need to take stock in what gets the point across. 

I am not about to dance around the subject, nor will I stand for those who do. 

You qualify as one who absolutely needs not to speak, you never learned properly to start with.

to  that end you sir are just another statistic waiting to happen

It's evident that you don't realize it, but the more you write the more you confirm the obvious. To think that insulting others on this board will win them over to your way of thinking is nothing short of laughable. You do little to advance the topic; your only interest is to berate those who disagree with you because it's more important for you to be right than to hear the other side.

If by "statistic" you mean that i'm more prone to suffer an accident when woodworking, I've taken precautions to hopefully prove you wrong. I've reduced that possibility dramatically by purchasing years ago the only tablesaw on the market that provides protection against serious injury with leading edge technology that is proprietary. As I said earlier, I have a healthy respect for all tools and govern myself accordingly when using them. I realize that there is always the possibility that in that moment of inattention, serious injury can occur.

Sorry to say that I'm not perfect like "his majesty" therefore being completely immune to any serious injury when operating woodworking equipment. Unfortunately for you, there are many, many others here who also are not perfect and have taken the same precaution (SS) as I. Insult them to the high heavens, but I don't think you will make much progress with your methods.

Doug
(08-08-2017, 06:29 PM)JGrout Wrote: I am not about to dance around the subject, nor will I stand for those who do. 

Sorry, but on this board NO ONE elected you "king of the world." Free speech along with individual thought still rules here - you don't control it whether you want to "stand for it" or not.

Doug
This is getting to be a group of whiny children 

You will never get it because you are too darn stubborn to see it  

Logic and reason is a thing of the past 

no wonder this is litigation nation 

You all buy into the someone else takes care of me or if someone calls for PERSONAL  RESPONSIBILITY you attack like the children you are

What? The "COMPETITION" (in which a "winner" (aka the real loser) was declared) has been reopened for a rematch?

Let me count: 1, 2, 3, ... Still have 10 fingers (and 10 toes). PHEW!

Big Grin
Big Grin
Big Grin
Big Grin
Big Grin
Big Grin
Big Grin
Big Grin
Big Grin
Big Grin
Big Grin
Big Grin