Please help ASAP
What are those slider windows in the basement called?
I have 2 of them that need replaced & I don't know what they are called.
I checked out casement windows, and that's not it.

Also, is this a hard job to change them out myself?

Thanks guys.
Sliders.

You thinking of an Awning window...tilts in from the top??? Called a hopper.

Al
I turn, therefore I am!
Mine (which I now know are called "toppers") simply have anchors screwed into the concrete. Looks like if you get an exact replacement size, it would not be that hard.....but what do I know, I've never done it.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(09-13-2017, 01:17 PM)Herb G Wrote: What are those slider windows in the basement called?
I have 2 of them that need replaced & I don't know what they are called.
I checked out casement windows, and that's not it.

Also, is this a hard job to change them out myself?

Thanks guys.

Not hard to change but a messy job if you have a poured concrete foundation as I do.  The pros just cut the frames top and bottom with a Sawzall and bang out the two halves with a big hammer, clean out the loose mortar, and then set the new widow in place with mud.  Takes them 20 or 30 minutes per window.  I changed mine out for glass block panels, but it's the same process.  It took me an hour or so per widow. 

John
This Google search for "basement windows" will give you what you are looking for:

https://www.google.com/search?q=basement...e&ie=UTF-8

They show several types:

[Image: windows_dgslider_exterior03_large.jpg]

[Image: p-598-deluxe_custom_basement_side_awning.png]If you are going to use the space as a bedroom you will need an egress window:
[Image: PH-basement2.jpg]
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Thanks for the help guys.