Dishwasher drain line ?
Can I plumb a dishwasher drain tube directly to the basement drain line (maybe put in a trap?).
Since it’s pvc it would be easy to splice in a t and run to that.
Of course i will leave plenty of tubing to pull the dw for service or replacement.
I’d like to get rid of that long hose to the sink drain as well as the aav on the counter. 
VH07V  
The old girl who owned the house before me had done that.No idea how ell it worked,the dishwasher was toast so I trashed it and caped off the drain.I expect it must have worked.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
(11-29-2017, 05:14 PM)EightFingers Wrote: Can I plumb a dishwasher drain tube directly to the basement drain line (maybe put in a trap?).
Since it’s pvc it would be easy to splice in a t and run to that.
Of course i will leave plenty of tubing to pull the dw for service or replacement.
I’d like to get rid of that long hose to the sink drain as well as the aav on the counter. 

Put in a trap to keep sewer gasses out

I forgot to ask about how far from the vent?  You don't want to create a vacuum
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

The vent is about four feet away.
VH07V  
(11-30-2017, 12:04 AM)EightFingers Wrote: The vent is about four feet away.

2" pipe should be good but check your distances if too far the trap will siphon and gas will enter
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.