This years Bandsaw boxes
These are Christmas presents. We had our family get together this weekend. The first four Sassy boxes in the back  went to my nieces.  I was favorite uncle for the day
Yes

The first four boxes in the back have deer antler knobs, All stand about 12" tall  #1  and the heart box are cherry, maple and purpleheart. The rest are maple and walnut.
They are fun to make, but tedious to sand and finish.
all finished with gloss oil polly

Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop
Those are sweet!  My granddaughter would love one, though she's a bit too young I think.  Maybe in a year or two.

But how did you hide the entrance cuts into and between the drawer openings so well?  I can't see them at all.
Confused
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
Wow!!! Those are great.
Now that is neat! I want to try my hand at bandsaw boxes but haven't had the chance yet. This inspires me to get off my arse and try it!
What perfect little gifts. Just the right amount of novelty and function.
How do you know you're learning anything if you don't screw up once in awhile?

My blog: http://birdsandboards.blogspot.com/
Those are absolutely beautiful and I think you meant to say,favorite uncle of the year.My opinion anyway.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
Wow, what a nice gift. Well done....some happy nieces, no doubt.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Nicely done!
I'm curious how you're doing the deer antler. I have a few sets of racks that I've been wanting to use, but I'm not sure how I want to go about it.
(12-18-2017, 03:23 PM)Lucky Irish Wrote: Nicely done!
I'm curious how you're doing the deer antler. I have a few sets of racks that I've been wanting to use, but I'm not sure how I want to go about it.

Thanks Everyone
The knobs are about 1/2" . I turn them on a lathe using a chuck. I start out on a sander to make a section straight enough to mount that could yield a couple at a time. I leave a small dowel to glue in. on these that was about 3/16. Some of them were very tight so I forced them in with my bench vice, no glue needed. it's a good use for small antler tips as long as you can hold them

Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop
Thanks.
No lathe so I'll have to do something different if I use them on a bandsaw box.