Just got a Bosch jigsaw...
(01-25-2018, 07:32 AM)BloomingtonMike Wrote: The Bosch 1590 and 1591 are the models of great Bosch jigsaws

10-4

My 1590 must be 15 years old by now.

OP, you buy cheap, you will get cheap.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(01-28-2018, 06:39 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: 10-4

My 1590 must be 15 years old by now.

OP, you buy cheap, you will get cheap.

I guess in a way I was hoping that because it was Bosch (and not Harbor Freight or something else like it) that it wouldn't hurt too much to buy the entry level model. I don't think what I got was all that cheap, although the tools do look better than they perform, if that makes any sense. I think sometimes you can buy the cheaper option and still get pretty much as good of a tool. For instance, my experience with Grizzly stuff has been great even though it's somewhat cheaper than something like Delta, Jet, or Powermatic. That could be an anomaly, though. I also might have a wrongfully stigmatized view of brands like Harbor Freight, Ryobi, etc., but something about them just comes off as "cheapo". My Ryobi table saw certainly was...

I submitted a review to Amazon for this jigsaw, and although I chose the 4 star rating, I put in the description that it should actually be 3.5 stars out of 5. I'll post a link when the review is published.
Near future projects:

-Curly Maple display case
-Jatoba and Quilted Maple dresser
My bosche saber saws have always been excellent. I own three.

As mentioned before blade deflection will occur and more so with any curved cuts. 

I also now own the Bosch cordless version and although not quite as strong as a corded model, my corded model is collecting dust......
I bought the high end Bosch jigsaw a few years ago.  I was disappointed at the cuts from day one.  When done cutting i take it to the belt or spindle sander to square up the cuts.     Maybe I should have taken it back, but I just feel the jigsaw is the dullest tool in my quiver so to speak.  I am hoping while not being a precision tool it does feel easier to get close to the line than my old busted up Dewalt.
A carpenter's house is never done.
Ya'll hopefully aren't cheapin out on the blades are ya?
Buy the good blades for the thicker (1-1/2) material.
I'll try and get the bosch numbers listed.
Steve

Mo.

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(02-01-2018, 01:35 AM)opticsguy Wrote: My bosche saber saws have always been excellent. I own three.

As mentioned before blade deflection will occur and more so with any curved cuts. 

I also now own the Bosch cordless version and although not quite as strong as a corded model, my corded model is collecting dust......

I have the same saw, if you check the saw's label you will see that it is made in Switzerland.    Nuff Said.
(01-25-2018, 07:41 AM)GlenS Wrote: Make a template of the curved piece. Cut outside the line. Double stick tape the piece to the template & route smooth.

I have never ran a jigsaw that didn't have a bunch of blade deflection. It's all operator on my behalf.

This.  I've never considered a jigsaw to a be a precise woodworking tool.  anything I needed to have square edges I cut oversize and either routed or sanded square.  Even if the foot is square to the blade, the blade can deflect too easily to trust it.
I bought a lightly used Swiss 1590 EVS a couple years ago at an estate sale. Although I don’t use it much, I’m impressed with it every time I do. They are on the auction site quite often and lightly used ones can be had for around $100. You will not buy better, IMO, for that kind of money.

(02-02-2018, 12:50 AM)Stwood_ Wrote: Ya'll hopefully aren't cheapin out on the blades are ya?
Buy the good blades for the thicker (1-1/2) material.
I'll try and get the bosch numbers listed.

Bosch Progressor for wood. T234X
Steve

Mo.

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

https://chambana.craigslist.org/tls/d/bo...04816.html

Good luck everyone. Maybe he will ship. $75 1590evs

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.