peg bboard hook holders
Does anyone have a source for these things/  They are thin strips of plasric that hold the peg board hooks in place so they don,t go flying ontofloor when removing whatever the hook is holding..  Done internet search and came up empty.  Thanls.
(02-27-2018, 05:20 PM)weelis Wrote: Does anyone have a source for these things/  They are thin strips of plasric that hold the peg board hooks in place so they don,t go flying ontofloor when removing whatever the hook is holding..  Done internet search and came up empty.  Thanls.

Amazon is your friend.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
When you have a pegboard hook in place, do you mostly tend to leave it there or do you move them around a lot? If you tend to leave them, I have a better holding method (IMO). I think I posted it here once in the past, but I'll gladly post it again if anyone is interested.
(02-27-2018, 07:07 PM)Willyou Wrote: When you have a pegboard hook in place, do you mostly tend to leave it there or do you move them around a lot? If you tend to leave them, I have a better holding method (IMO). I think I posted it here once in the past, but I'll gladly post it again if anyone is interested.

Look into a better quality peg board hook.  I researched this before and bought some that are thicker material, but that actually have a screw that screws them in and locks them in place.  They are a game changer if you are a pegboard kinda guy.  The cheap hooks are terrible.

Sorry I can't remember the name.
(02-27-2018, 07:16 PM)Strokes77 Wrote: Look into a better quality peg board hook.  I researched this before and bought some that are thicker material, but that actually have a screw that screws them in and locks them in place.  They are a game changer if you are a pegboard kinda guy.  The cheap hooks are terrible.

I'm well aware of those, but I refuse to pay the price out of principle. No judgement. That's just me. My method is free and holds the cheap hooks as well as the expensive ones. I guess it is more for those that already have a drawer full of hooks that won't stay put and don't really want to buy new ones.
(02-27-2018, 05:20 PM)weelis Wrote: Does anyone have a source for these things/  They are thin strips of plasric that hold the peg board hooks in place so they don,t go flying ontofloor when removing whatever the hook is holding..  Done internet search and came up empty.  Thanls.

I just put a dab of hot melt glue on the hanger when putting it on the peg board. It holds it in place but can still be removed.

Al
Some people are like a Slinky. Not really good for anything but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy. Blessed are the peacemakers.
(02-27-2018, 07:16 PM)Strokes77 Wrote: Look into a better quality peg board hook.  I researched this before and bought some that are thicker material, but that actually have a screw that screws them in and locks them in place.  They are a game changer if you are a pegboard kinda guy.  The cheap hooks are terrible.

Talon Hooks

http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/page.as...3326,43327

Well worth the extravagant expense.
A carpenter's house is never done.
peg board related seems like a good idea

[Image: peg-board-solution-small-workshop-storag...nswers.jpg]
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

If you have access to the rear of the pegboard then cable ties work even better.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(02-28-2018, 08:13 AM)Cooler Wrote: If you have access to the rear of the pegboard then cable ties work even better.

These are what I was referring too.  Although the Lee Valley looks nice as well.

These are near perfect to me.  A screwdriver can install or remove in just a few seconds. 

https://www.amazon.com/Products-71119-Du...T6H37N6PAP