Daily Bench Shot

Cool
Cool
Cool
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(03-06-2018, 11:05 AM)Stwood_ Wrote:
Cool
Cool
Cool

Noooooo, 14 holes to drill and 18 screws to run and all my batteries are dead.
Upset  Got to have the holes I'm running the screws into ash.
There is no such thing as too much horsepower, free lunch or spare change ~ anonymous

87% of people say their mental health is good to excellent. The rest are sane enough to know they are lying. ~ anonymous
Redman-- The best way I've found to drill a lot of holes in hardwoods such as Ash is with a,, ok guys I'm gonna say it!!,, is with a corded drill. I also use a corded drill if I have more than 6 pocket holes to drill.

Now I do love my 18v Ridgid set & especially my 20v PC set but sometimes a corded drill is just a better option IMO. My B&D 3/8" VS corded drill was bought new back around 1985.

FWIW-- I talked to a Kreg rep on the phone one day & he agreed that a corded drill will make cleaner holes.
(03-06-2018, 12:40 PM)Redman Wrote: Noooooo, 14 holes to drill and 18 screws to run and all my batteries are dead.
Upset  Got to have the holes I'm running the screws into ash.

You working with that Texas Rock Ash again?

(03-06-2018, 02:27 PM)GlenS Wrote: Redman-- The best way I've found to drill a lot of holes in hardwoods such as Ash is with a,, ok guys I'm gonna say it!!,, is with a corded drill. I also use a corded drill if I have more than 6 pocket holes to drill.

Yes I agree. I think we tend to forget we still have corded tools that need dusted off once in a while.
Laugh
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

At 4:30 this afternoon I'll be loading the stain & other associated things & going to work at my PT maintenance job. They needed a 1/2 door installed for security reasons. After making the left wall wider by 2 1/2",, away from the camera,, I was able to hang a 54" door. I also ran the Red Oak trim boards on the inside to mimic the rest of the teller line & the cabinets. Stain this afternoon & poly tomorrow.

[Image: 20180304_105347_zpsce0uhrmx.jpg]

[Image: 20180304_105412_zpsapoxupjn.jpg]
(03-01-2018, 06:26 PM)EdL Wrote: How did I know you would claim that.....going to have to deal with loml on that.  
Laugh

Ed

Hi Ed, where in Mid Michigan are you, and do you know of any woodworking groups in the Saginaw area?  Thanks.
Odds and ends today. Cleaning, sorting, started a counter top.

Steve

Missouri

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(03-06-2018, 02:54 PM)cjbyrne7 Wrote: Hi Ed, where in Mid Michigan are you, and do you know of any woodworking groups in the Saginaw area?  Thanks.

Sprawling metropolis of Bancroft......check with Stoppy, he's just south of Saginaw. Ed Kearns is up there too, Midland I think.

Ed
(03-06-2018, 02:27 PM)GlenS Wrote: Redman-- The best way I've found to drill a lot of holes in hardwoods such as Ash is with a,, ok guys I'm gonna say it!!,, is with a corded drill. I also use a corded drill if I have more than 6 pocket holes to drill.

I've got a refurb 3/8" Craftsman corded I bought around 1974 around here someplace.
(03-06-2018, 02:46 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: You working with that Texas Rock Ash again?

Yes I agree. I think we tend to forget we still have corded tools that need dusted off once in a while.
Laugh

I suppose, the guy gets his Ash and Mesquite from around the Guadalupe River area. Think New Braunfels. The DW drill is the only non-corded tool I have. Are you going to use those pillars to hold up that 2 ton countertop?
Winkgrin
There is no such thing as too much horsepower, free lunch or spare change ~ anonymous

87% of people say their mental health is good to excellent. The rest are sane enough to know they are lying. ~ anonymous
(03-07-2018, 04:48 AM)Redman Wrote: I suppose, the guy gets his Ash and Mesquite from around the Guadalupe River area. Think New Braunfels.

Are you going to use those pillars to hold up that 2 ton countertop?
Winkgrin

So the old Germans at New Braunfels have timber around there?
Cool  Looks barren when yer cruising up/down I-35

Selling the pillars. Bought those (6) for a job about ten years ago that I got screwed over on on the cabinets. These were for the granite top bar overhang. No way was I going to install them and not get paid. That was a fiasco job
Crazy
Steve

Missouri

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020