Flush Trim Bit Question
Business related question.  I am in the process of buying out the inventory from a saw shop going out of business and part of that was a large quantity of a custom Whiteside flush trim bit, just wondering what folks think the downside is being they are single flute and if they would be worth 5 bucks as a customer price.  Single flute bits are not new, used often in CNC work but never saw a flush trim bit that way before.

Specs on the bit

1/2" Diam x 1/2" Shank x 1-1/2" Cut Length x 3 1/2" OAL.  Single Flute Flush trim
I've used a few smaller bits that were single flute (and no bearing) and they seemed to work well. I'd be willing to buy several at that price.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I have a couple of varying lengths that are single flute but have bearings. They are Whiteside. I like them. I much prefer them to the no bearing kind. Smoother cut and if you are making several pieces and are using the first piece as the pattern, the bearing ones won't burn the edges of the piece.
At that price, how can you miss?  I'd buy a few.
    -Howard
Yep I use flush trim bits a lot. I'd buy some at that price, can't go wrong.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
At $5 I think they'd be popular.

I wonder what the application was, that they wanted single-flute units made?
Thanks all, I think the application what trailer manufacturing of some kind.  That makes sense to me because I've sold some stagger tooth bits into that industry that are single flute.

I'll end up with 186 of them so will post them for sale when they arrive.
Odd. Single flute is typically used to reduce friction and increase chip load for faster feeds.

It seems sort of useless to have a flush trim with one flute since most of the cutter is in open air.

Unless of course, they produced something that was cut with a template where the pattern contained an enclosed internal space where burning would be an issue. 

In any case, for $5.00 i’d Buy some for sure!
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
Send me a couple. Ill pay and try them out.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

I'll post when I have them