I'm done with Grizzly
(05-10-2018, 07:32 PM)EricU Wrote: I bought one thing from them and sold it a decade ago.  It was okay, and my impression is they have gotten at least a little better quality since then. Since they are no longer near me, I feel free to order from other vendors.

I'm curious though, you seem to have a grudge against them, but no reason why mentioned.  Did you get banned from Sawmill Creek for a less than stellar attitude towards them or something?

I have watched this type thing play out several times and what the usual result is a lost forum member.  There have been times where they shipped out products without any quality control and admittedly so, it comes up here usual is member is trashed more often than not issue addressed.  It seems there is automatic response to stand up for an importer of foreign made machinery before all the facts are known.  I have not been banned from any place I visit the Creek on occasion but it's not a comfortable fit.
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Okay, that's why I'm reluctant to buy a machine from them, too often gets messed up in shipping.  Of course, Grizzly makes it right, but it's always a struggle.
(05-09-2018, 12:09 PM)Phil Thien Wrote: Oh you were talking about me.

You're ALL talking about me.

Laugh

Yes, because we all love you.
Winkgrin
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(05-10-2018, 08:02 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Yes, because we all love you.
Winkgrin
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Hell I just registered at his website last week
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(05-10-2018, 07:24 PM)Phil Thien Wrote: PayPal tells merchants to ship to CONFIRMED addresses, merchants that ship to alternative addresses don't receive the same degree of fraud protection.  It would surprise me if you jumped through every hoop to make every address on your order, your work address, and the shopping card software substituted your confirmed address when the order was submitted.

The incident I described happened several years ago (maybe 10, or more?).  It was the one and only time (that I remember 
Crazy ) that it happened.  I probably buy more than I should and have it shipped to work with no problems, I always have.  I still blame PP for what happened and I still suspect that the failure for the OP occurred during the electronic process of transaction. 

On another note in regards to Grizzly tools.  I was originally reluctant to make a purchase from them for two reasons.  The cost seemed too low to be good and I just wasn't sure about the quality.  When they came out with the cyclone DC's I couldn't afford not to go with them so I took a leap of faith.  Since then I have bought the combo 6x48 belt & 12" disc sander and a bandsaw.  I am very picky about quality of my tools and I have to say I have no complaints with those 3 tools.  A coworker of mine that will only buy American made stuff unless he cannot find what he wants or it is cost prohibitive even bought one of the Grizzly combo sanders.  The guy complains about everything he buys and generally re-works it to some extent.  He has never said a thing about having any kind of a problem with the sander. 
Not that I need anything but if I did I would most likely look at Grizzly first in my research of said tool.  I may not buy it for one reason or another but I certainly will not discount them over the name.
Dave
"Amateur Putzing in Shop." Northern Wood on Norm 5/07

"Dave's shop is so small you have to go outside to turn around" Big Dave on my old shop
So I built a new shop.  (Picasa went away so did the link to the pictures)
(05-10-2018, 07:54 PM)EricU Wrote: Okay, that's why I'm reluctant to buy a machine from them, too often gets messed up in shipping.  Of course, Grizzly makes it right, but it's always a struggle.

Eric

I am glad you make this post since it reminded me about grizzly shipping.  All the things that were ordered that I have all of it was for tailgate delivery.  Every time it was not delivered like that and we had to have it dropped off at another place which we could have them put it on my BIL's truck with their forklift.

I talked to them each time and they would not refund the price saying it was not their fault and did not know why since they could back right up to the garage.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(05-12-2018, 02:59 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Eric

I am glad you make this post since it reminded me about grizzly shipping.  All the things that were ordered that I have all of it was for tailgate delivery.  Every time it was not delivered like that and we had to have it dropped off at another place which we could have them put it on my BIL's truck with their forklift.

I talked to them each time and they would not refund the price saying it was not their fault and did not know why since they could back right up to the garage.

If it was ordered with tailgate delivery, I think I would've refused it.  Then the fight is with the driver and the shipper.
(05-09-2018, 05:20 AM)Tony Z Wrote: First rule of business:  the customer is always right.
Second rule of business:  the customer is always right, no matter how wrong they are.

As a business owner I have to disagree. There is good business and there is bad business. Good businesses get good by knowing the difference and acting accordingly. Sometimes we have to take bad business to make ends meet, particularly when a business is new and trying to build a customer base. But today, I do all I can to steer clear of it. Bad business has risks that the business owner is expected to take, typically by people who have never managed or owned a business. I see no reason a business owner needs to take these risks. I've gotten over my head accepting risky work and risky customers. It's rare when risky business turns out well for either party. Also, I run a business, not a charity. Generally when the customer's expectations are not met, they're unhappy. If I'm going to be involved in their unhappiness, I'd rather we part ways before they give me their money. I'll go out of my way to help but pretending a customer is right when in fact he is wrong is not part of a successful business plan.

I (like all businesses) provide a service that the customer cannot do for them self. That makes me the expert. I assume all the risk and all the liability. It's impossible to please everybody but I can please more people and stay in business and make a better living when my "expert" opinion is the final word.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

I can see where Tony Z is coming from, at least from the perspective of a manufacturer selling in a commercial market, as opposed to a retailer selling in a consumer market.  I work for a manufacturing company.  Even though we are small and deal in something of a niche market, we have dozens of customers and several satellite sales/service offices around the world.  The "Customer is always right" is the first rule of our business, but it doesn't stop there.  What it means is, if there is a problem, the customer will get the initial benefit of the doubt.  We will take every step to investigate the issue and have to have ironclad proof that we are not at fault, before we risk alienating a customer.  In some cases, the customer's account is too important to risk, so even when we know we are in the right, we will sometimes concede to the customer.  It's a calculated risk and you carefully weigh all the factors involved.  The nature of our business is that you alienate customers at your own peril.  We don't automatically cave to them, but we never blow them off as too much trouble either.
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

(05-13-2018, 07:34 AM)KC Wrote: If it was ordered with tailgate delivery, I think I would've refused it.  Then the fight is with the driver and the shipper.

Look up the difference between tailgate delivery and liftgate or curbside delivery.    Tailgate delivery is just brought to back of truck, not on ground.   Roly