Word from Grizzly...
All tools made in China are going up 25% effective 6 July, any items sold/shipped on or after that date will have the new prices.
All tools made in Taiwan are going up 5%

From what I've heard every wood lathe is going up 25%
Making sawdust mostly, sometimes I get something else, but that's more accident then design.
Pretty big jump it looks like.  To me with the price jump and the low warentee business might pick up at Rikon or others like that. 
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(06-24-2018, 09:21 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Pretty big jump it looks like.  To me with the price jump and the low warentee business might pick up at Rikon or others like that. 
Yes

Only if Rikon's lathes aren't made in China

Every company importing from China will have similar price increases

Yes it's all about the trade war
Making sawdust mostly, sometimes I get something else, but that's more accident then design.
(06-24-2018, 09:46 PM)n7bsn Wrote: Only if Rikon's lathes aren't made in China

Every company importing from China will have similar price increases

Yes it's all about the trade war

Most popular brands are mage by geetech ib china.
geetech

Wonder is robust and/or oneway will maintain current prices or go up with the market.

Edit to add rikon is made in china also
(06-24-2018, 10:03 PM)Angus Wrote: Most popular brands are mage by geetech ib china.
geetech

Wonder is robust and/or oneway will maintain current prices or go up with the market.

Edit to add rikon is made in china also

I'm going to guess at least some of Robust's and Oneway's steels come from China (ie tariffs)
When I made the remark I did not know it was about Tariffs and in the other thread I made another remark.

It is all Chinas fault and wanting a double standard
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(06-25-2018, 01:17 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: When I made the remark I did not know it was about Tariffs and in the other thread I made another remark.

Actually, there are a lot of dynamics going on, regarding the trading of merchandise. The currency war has been going on a long time and the entire world is saturated with paper assets of all types, which are merely promises to pay.

Nothing good is coming soon.
(06-25-2018, 01:17 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: When I made the remark I did not know it was about Tariffs and in the other thread I made another remark.

Looks like "old iron" is going to become more expensive before long.....
Rolleyes
Big Grin
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

since the tariff is applied to the imported cost, you might not see all tools going up 25 percent.  They definitely have wiggle room if they want.
(06-28-2018, 07:50 AM)EricU Wrote: since the tariff is applied to the imported cost, you might not see all tools going up 25 percent.  They definitely have wiggle room if they want.

Grizzly has said a full 25% on the retail price of Chinese machines effective July 6th.  While there is potential wiggle room since it is on the import cost Grizzly says the increase in raw materials forced the full bump at retail.