Word from Grizzly...
(06-27-2018, 10:30 PM)MidwestMan Wrote: Nothing good is coming soon.

It all depends an a person's interpretation of "good".
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

Anyone know where the Laguna lathes are made, specifically the Revo 18-36? Is it China or Taiwan? TIA.
(07-05-2018, 10:03 AM)Cian Wrote: Anyone know where the Laguna lathes are made, specifically the Revo 18-36?  Is it China or Taiwan?  TIA.

I thought everything is made in China.
Smirk
(07-05-2018, 10:03 AM)Cian Wrote: Anyone know where the Laguna lathes are made, specifically the Revo 18-36?  Is it China or Taiwan?  TIA.

All kidding aside, from Laguna's own website, the company apparently imported tools from Denmark, or did at first. I can't find any information more current.

Below is from Laguna...

Laguna Tools was born in Laguna Beach, California, out of a desperate need to find safe, quality and precise woodworking machines for Torben Helshoj’s custom woodworking shop in Laguna Canyon. The tools that his partners used did not meet the high standards that Torben had used in Denmark, where he earned the Queen of Denmark’s Silver Medal in woodworking.
Armed with the experience from his four-year furniture making apprenticeship Torben returned to Europe with his business partners to purchase machines that would improve the quality of cuts and improve inefficiencies.
Laguna Tools forged a partnership with Robland Machines International to import high-end, superior quality woodworking machines and over the next decade the company became the number one importer of combination machinery in the US.
Now, over three decades later, Laguna Tools is still a corporation with the same values of quality, accuracy and safe products and that also focuses on their customers and their needs.
Laguna us made by Geetech. I couldn't find country of origin on any website. Then I went through an adobe version of the owners manual, it didn't show it there either. But, it did show a picture of the ID plate on a lathe. It's stamped Taiwan TCP but it doesn't say it's made there
owners manual  It seems strange it's so hard to pin down where it's made.
Thanks gang. That's more info than I could find. Just trying to gauge if the Laguna lathes will be jumping up in price too. I haven't seen any warnings on the Laguna websites though, unlike Grizzly.
(07-05-2018, 09:22 PM)Cian Wrote: Thanks gang.  That's more info than I could find.  Just trying to gauge if the Laguna lathes will be jumping up in price too.  I haven't seen any warnings on the Laguna websites though, unlike Grizzly.

I found some information about Robland. Their website has a phone number that indicates, it is in Belgium.
The below, is cut/paste from Robland website. I know it doesn't necessarily prove, exactly where, the products are made.

Robland products are built by Werkhuizen Landuyt, located at Bruges, Belgium.
The company was founded in 1968. The first successes were achieved by building affordable qualitative combined woodworking machines, a large part of which are still in use today.

Through the years the range of products has been extended with panel saws, spindle moulders, thicknesser and various other classical woodworking machines.
Always conserving the original mission: offering products with the best quality/price ratio on the market. This philosophy can be found back in the design, production, sales and customer support. Approximately 5% of the budget is invested in developing new products and updating the existing program. Continuous improvement of production and quality leads to good products built in state of the art manufacturing facilities thus achieving the necessary customer requirements.

Robland has an international dealer network and exports 85% of its production worldwide to more than 100 countries.

They told me Italy and one other Belgium, but mostly in Italy
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
For those who  missed it Geetech claims a strategic partnership with Laguna. click here for geetech website. Even the owners manual points to Asian manufacturing click here revo owners manual page 11 in the pdf. Might be fun to run a poll in power tools forum to see where recent laguna products have come from. They would just have to look at the ID tag. It might be worth considering if Laguna comes from the same country and company as grizzly like the Geetech website implies, I would think a price increase on laguna machines is probable.
Received an email from Grizzly about whether or not I wanted the lathe I'd ordered early April. Wanted to confirm if I still wanted it with the price increase if applicable. Called the number on the email and told them yes I still wanted it. They stated about not wanting to ship and have it turned down afterward because of the increase. Also that it is due in early August to arrive and will check again before shipping to be sure. I know the tariff increase is not their doing and the production time is beyond their control so why lose any sleep over it.

I like the upfront info from them. I would bet they are scrambeling to make things right where ever they can and I can appreciate that way of doing business.