Special project
As my friend of 45 years, Marie, is in her final battle with cancer, she asked for an urn which I feel compelled to turn. A labor of love here.

[Image: MvgLdZD8scbyvFWwX1FHyzIsZNQZurkhIUgErZVh...40-h966-no]

[Image: k1NH6rcCDVwvWeM-sysTAlvdbkFcBU-sV_P5FPBi...59-h966-no]

[Image: wzb8F16N3wPIowC06jgEOUyfFk_PtYPD07kzNYaT...59-h966-no]
If it don't hold soup, it's ART!!

Dry Creek Woodturning

Certainly is a beautiful piece of wood and looks like you are off to a great start.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Nice piece,Yak, and a very nice gesture on your part for your friend.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
(09-16-2018, 04:40 PM)Bill Holt Wrote: Certainly is a beautiful piece of wood and looks like you are off to a great start.

QFT and plus a bunch.

I hope that the hollowing goes as well as the outside seems to have done.

If convenient, some pics of your hollowing technique would certainly be welcome. thanks
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
(09-16-2018, 06:02 PM)iclark Wrote: QFT and plus a bunch.

I hope that the hollowing goes as well as the outside seems to have done.

If convenient, some pics of your hollowing technique would certainly be welcome. thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ksr9yeZEw8&t=395s
If it don't hold soup, it's ART!!

Dry Creek Woodturning

That wood makes my eyes pop out.
Big eek

Thanks for doing this for her.  I remember about 6 to 7 years ago when the VA made me and my wife prepay for my funeral.  Angus made mine and it was really nice to.  I was going to pay him but he did it for free.

Also I love the lathe.  It is jolly heavy and looks nice to use to.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.