Touch or Touchless Kitchen Faucets ?
Need to replace our kitchen faucet. I'm a gadget guy but yesterday I talked my wife out of these auto-controlled faucets and bought a pure mechanical one (not installed yet). Now I'm having second thoughts. I read about some having battery issues and see you have to have the water on all the time.

Those with these electronic controlled faucets - do you like them?

Thanks,

Mike
(01-03-2019, 09:30 AM)mbg Wrote: Need to replace our kitchen faucet. I'm a gadget guy but yesterday I talked my wife out of these auto-controlled faucets and bought a pure mechanical one (not installed yet). Now I'm having second thoughts. I read about some having battery issues and see you have to have the water on all the time.

Those with these electronic controlled faucets - do you like them?

Thanks,

Mike

I don't have one, but we spend a fair amount of time with family and friends and it seems like everybody has them now.

The only way it's "touchless" is if you never change the temperature or flow. It's easy enough to use, I suppose, but it seems like a solution to a problem that doesn't really exist. At home, I am often changing temperature and switching between aerated flow and spray, so it would just be made more difficult with one of these new ones. Additionally, the electronics seem to complicate things since it's more stuff that can (and will) fail.
Do you have any cats?
(01-03-2019, 09:45 AM)FS7 Wrote: I don't have one, but we spend a fair amount of time with family and friends and it seems like everybody has them now.

The only way it's "touchless" is if you never change the temperature or flow. It's easy enough to use, I suppose, but it seems like a solution to a problem that doesn't really exist. At home, I am often changing temperature and switching between aerated flow and spray, so it would just be made more difficult with one of these new ones. Additionally, the electronics seem to complicate things since it's more stuff that can (and will) fail.

(01-03-2019, 10:04 AM)Phil Thien Wrote: Do you have any cats?

Ha no cats but I agree with FS7 - keeping the mechanical.
(01-03-2019, 11:02 AM)mbg Wrote: Ha no cats but I agree with FS7 - keeping the mechanical.

Guess I'll be the first one to disagree. 

We installed one for our kitchen faucet when we built our new house 8 years ago- a Delta one touch.

I love it. It's usually just me and my wife cooking meals and we don't use the dishwasher unless we have guest and have more dishes to wash.

Saves a lot of water when washing dishes by hand. Also very handy to turn water on and off if you have something on your hands.
My wife is a gadget geek, I'm just the opposite. Pretty sure she'll want the touch-less when we get to that part of the remodel. To me, it's just one more thing to fail that I'll eventually have to fix. No sense arguing about it. Some battles (most) aren't worth fighting. It is good to hear both sides of the argument. Good to hear those who have them, actually like them.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

We've had a Moen touchless for close to 2 years. We like it very much. It uses 6 AA batteries. We put in new batteries after the 1st year, but not because they were dead. I don't know how long they would've lasted. Regarding reliability, even 100% mechanical fixtures can have problems. The convenience of touchless is a big plus for us. If you plan your workflow, it requires less periodic cleaning of the fixture.
>
Worse than ignorance is the illusion of knowledge.
>
The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim. - Gustave Le Bon

jvanbrecht,

You should call Moen. I'm almost certain they would send you a replacement at no charge.
>
Worse than ignorance is the illusion of knowledge.
>
The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim. - Gustave Le Bon