Sandpaper storage for SuperMax 19-38 base
A few weeks ago I asked for ideas for storage under a SuperMax 19-38.  Thanks Big Dave for the inspiration.  Here's my version.  Doors to be added this week.

[Image: Sandpaper%20storage1_zpsps59qzn3.jpg]

[Image: sandpaper%20storage2_zpsxsjlxyyq.jpg]
Gary

Living under the radar, heading for "off the grid."

Well done, Gary!
Yes
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
That's really nice!
I like that, a lot. I'll have to copy it on mine.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Awesome design.

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
Very nice. I see your pics are on photobucket. I cannot view them unless I go to quote you.

You can post them directly here now.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(01-06-2019, 10:44 PM)glzahn Wrote: A few weeks ago I asked for ideas for storage under a SuperMax 19-38.  Thanks Big Dave for the inspiration.  Here's my version.  Doors to be added this week.

[Image: Sandpaper%20storage1_zpsps59qzn3.jpg]

[Image: sandpaper%20storage2_zpsxsjlxyyq.jpg]

Sweet, any details? I'd love to add that to my 19-38 stand.

-Steve
(01-07-2019, 07:04 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Very nice. I see your pics are on photobucket. I cannot view them unless I go to quote you.

You can post them directly here now.

I tried to post directly but had no luck in doing it.  Guess I need to do a little more research on how to post photos.
Gary

(01-07-2019, 08:34 PM)sreilly24590 Wrote: Sweet, any details? I'd love to add that to my 19-38 stand.

-Steve

I'm not a specs guy. I just started building. I used leftover 1x6 T&G pine. I didn't glue them together just friction fit. The end pieces are cut at a 10° angle. The outside 2 pieces I cut just long enough to cover the opening so as not to have to notch out for the bolts. The rest I cut long enough to support the "top" which is only 1/4" hardboard. The sides I put together and cut the back end @ 10° then held it on the outside to trace the other end. I drilled 3, 1/8" holes about 1/2" from the inside edge of the legs top, middle, and bottom to hold the end pieces in place. You should be able to see the screws in the picture. I then cut three pieces of pine to "frame" the front. I pocket screwed them together once in place. I then glued and nailed scrap blocks in the corners of the front frame and sides to hold it in place. DON'T nail any where you plan on putting your full extention slides.  In order to mount the drawer slides, I cut 3/4" plywood 2" wide and cut to correct length. I placed them flush with the face frame and cut spacer blocks to fit between the plywood and the left or right cabinet side. In my case 1 7/8" I glued and nailed the spacers and plywood pieces where I wanted my slides on the left side and on the right side for the top shelf and one on the bottom to attach the sheet sandpaper box too. I figured what I needed for 9"x11" sheets and built a box for them using 1/2" baltic birch. I angled the front and back 10° with the faces paralell and 11 3/4" deep. I cut 1/4" dadoes for the shelves and I glued and nailed the box to the face frame and the bottom right drawer slide mounts. I then mounted full extension slides for my drawers on the sheet box and slide mounts. As far as the drawers go, the fronts and backs are set at 10° and the sides are 90°. I thought about just keeping the drawers 90°, but decided I would loose to much storage space. Add dividers as needed. I hope this all makes sense.
Gary

That looks well thought out. Nicely done.

It appears you are storing other papers than just what the machine uses under there.