Spindel Sander
There were two versions of the Powermatic benchtop. It turns out that mine was the earlier version. The one I had broke a worm gear, and the exact part wasn't available. I ended up having to replace multiple parts to rebuild it into what was basically the newer version. The newer version Powermatic benchtop was rebranded as jet a few years later. If you can find a used jet benchtop or floor model would be a good choice. I sold the Powermatic after picking up a used State model B3. The state is a great machine if you can find it for a reasonable enough price. Extra state spindles are very expensive, if you have to buy them.
My .02
Karl

i have a clayton for sale here in ann arbor... all of the spindles, tilting, and very heavy and well made...
(01-09-2019, 11:52 PM)zaret Wrote: i have a clayton for sale here in ann arbor... all of the spindles, tilting, and very heavy and well made...

Hard to beat a Clayton, simple rugged machines.

Wouldn't part with mine.

Ed