My kitchen remodel
Progress on the kitchen remodel as of this morning.  I have two corner/end cabinets leading into the other half of my home through a 30" door opening to figure out then I can finish the flooring.

(02-18-2019, 05:04 AM)Duane N Wrote: Progress on the kitchen remodel as of this morning.  I have two corner/end cabinets leading into the other half of my home through a 30" door opening to figure out then I can finish the flooring.

Looking great so far.  I did more drawer as well a couple deep ones too

One of the best thing I did was add a bread drawer. Bread stay fresh so much longer and stays off the countertop.
Lookin good.
Those cabs by the door, you could do a short 45 on the door opening side, giving you better door access.
Maybe a 2-3" in length of a 45 degree angle. You would loose a little cab space in each one, but better walking space.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Yes to that 45°. I’d be black and blue squeezing through there. If I were redoing my kitchen, EVERYTHING below the counters would be drawers. I don’t see a downside. (Drawers inside doors don’t count. I’ve never understood that insanity.)
Carolyn

Trip Blog for Twelve Countries:   [url=http://www.woodworkingtraveler.wordpress.com[/url]

"It's good to know, but it's better to understand."  Auze Jackson
Again...thanks for the feedback.  I was planning on doing a 45 degree cut on the corner cabinets.  I guess what I should have said was I need to figure out how deep to make the angle to insure adequate room between the cabinets but yet keep as much cabinet as possible.  My rough figuring was at 38" between each cabinet at the angle but I'll figure that out tonight. 
Smile
(02-18-2019, 02:57 PM)Duane N Wrote: Again...thanks for the feedback.  I was planning on doing a 45 degree cut on the corner cabinets.  I guess what I should have said was I need to figure out how deep to make the angle to insure adequate room between the cabinets but yet keep as much cabinet as possible.  My rough figuring was at 38" between each cabinet at the angle but I'll figure that out tonight. 
Smile

The minimum width for a single wheelchair is 32 inches for up to 24 inches in length, and 36" continuously.

So I'd probably mock up 32" and 36" and see how that looks, as a decent starting place.

And I'm not saying you have to confirm to design for wheelchair access, but the #'s provide a good starting point for a result that likely won't look awkward.
Make you a hidy hole there somewhere. Some place to stash cash or that elusive $5000.00 #1 stanley plane ......
Maybe a short (2" tall) drawer in one of those lower end cabs. Have the toe kick cover be a drawer front.
Just make some wood slides, dresser drawer style, nothing fancy.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I ended up with 36" between each countertop on the 2 corner cabinets.  Using cardboard templates that acted like the countertops helped me see how it was going to look.

Also, as suggested by some the bases are going to be replaced with either plywood or some Popular shelving (well dried) I acquired from a jobsite where the reception area was being gutted.
Yes
(02-19-2019, 05:48 AM)Duane N Wrote: I ended up with 36" between each countertop on the 2 corner cabinets.  Using cardboard templates that acted like the countertops helped me see how it was going to look.

Also, as suggested by some the bases are going to be replaced with either plywood or some Popular shelving (well dried) I acquired from a jobsite where the reception area was being gutted.
Yes

The extra time and effort to do that will assure the cabinets remain level; good move.

John
(02-18-2019, 01:25 PM)MsNomer Wrote:   If I were redoing my kitchen, EVERYTHING below the counters would be drawers.  I don’t see a downside.  (Drawers inside doors don’t count.  I’ve never understood that insanity.)

^^^^^^ This.

Emphatically this.

We went all drawers on the base cabinets and love them. DEEP ones for pots and pans
etc.  Only base cab that has doors is for the sink.
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me