16" jointer
Not mine but thought it was a hell of a deal!

https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/tls/d/w...60972.html
(03-06-2019, 02:46 PM)pinky Wrote: Not mine but thought it was a hell of a deal!

Eek
Eek
Eek
Eek
Eek
Eek
Eek
(03-06-2019, 02:46 PM)pinky Wrote: Not mine but thought it was a hell of a deal!

1100 lbs of heavy metal there.  The beds are surprisingly short at 80".  And of course you need a phase converter or VFD, or a new single phase motor, to power it in a home shop so the actual cost is going to be quite a bit more.   

John
(03-06-2019, 04:00 PM)jteneyck Wrote: 1100 lbs of heavy metal there.  The beds are surprisingly short at 80".  And of course you need a phase converter or VFD, or a new single phase motor, to power it in a home shop so the actual cost is going to be quite a bit more.   

John

3 HP motor so a VFD should work nicely. I'm not getting that guard, it that's what it is? Used to seeing a porkchop on there.

Doug
(03-06-2019, 04:21 PM)Tapper Wrote: 3 HP motor so a VFD should work nicely. I'm not getting that guard, it that's what it is? Used to seeing a porkchop on there.

Doug

Doug, I think you looked under the column for the 12" model.  The 16" being advertised is in the right column, which says it's 5 HP.  

John
(03-06-2019, 03:06 PM)mound Wrote:
Eek
Eek
Eek
Eek
Eek
Eek
Eek

What mound said
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
(03-06-2019, 07:12 PM)jteneyck Wrote: Doug, I think you looked under the column for the 12" model.  The 16" being advertised is in the right column, which says it's 5 HP.  

John

Got it, thanks John! VFD will still do the job, albeit with a few more "Benjamins." 
Yes

Doug
Looks like there's a mount for a porkchop guard, wonder if it got lost and that thing there is the work around.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Well if it's a European machine so that guard is called a bridge guard and is actually the standard for most machines over there. Look at the Hammer or Felder machines they have a similar style.
(03-07-2019, 08:45 AM)UpstateNYdude Wrote: Well it's a European machine so that guard is called a bridge guard and is actually the standard for most machines over there. Look at the Hammer or Felder machines they have a similar style.

I thought that tag said "Made in Taiwan?
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.