Pen Kits
No longer available........
Formerly known as John's Woodshop
(03-09-2019, 12:35 PM)Belle City Woodworking Wrote: No longer available........

????????..............
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(03-09-2019, 12:35 PM)Belle City Woodworking Wrote: No longer available........
I just got a 100 pen kits from Penn State and according to their catalog they have many more.
Rod
He’s referring to his S&S ad for 3 kits.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
(03-11-2019, 03:06 PM)Rod Torgeson Wrote: I just got a 100 pen kits from Penn State and according to their catalog they have many more.

I just seen in S&S he sold three pen kits.   They were the $40 kits and something I could never afford nor have I ever turned but one fountain pen and at the price I would hate to mess one up.

Hope to see the buyer post what he made OK Earl..
Yes
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

(03-11-2019, 05:17 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: I just seen in S&S he sold three pen kits.   They were the $40 kits and something I could never afford nor have I ever turned but one fountain pen and at the price I would hate to mess one up.

Hope to see the buyer post what he made OK Earl..
Yes
Yes

You got it Arlin!!  Actually--the turning part is the same regardless the hardware.  The blank selection and finishing is kicked up a notch.  I've got a small group of folks who like fountains so we move one here and there.  
earl
Arlin,

Finally had a chance to get a few pens turned this weekend.  Attached is one of John's Majestic fountain pen kits--dressed in Acacia Concinna.  To provide a perspective of size, i added a shot of it in a group--but when writing with the cap removed that full sized pen is actually rather comfortable.  And my hands are not unusually large.
earl

Attached Files Image(s)

I think you did a swell job there Earl

Of all of them I like the two middle ones the most.  It looks like two different colors on the pen metals and the wood makes it that much nicer.

Thanks Arlin. Left to right, the woods are pre-1970 rosewood, acacia concinna, box elder burl (blue dye/stabilized), Amboyna burl with sap wood, cocobolo with sap wood. The white one is a standard plastic freebie.
earl