$1 axe, from a garage sale...
Picked a while back....was in the Blue BORG buying a new lawnmower.....and picked up a handle for the axe....
Cool

Since the old handle had more cracks than a city sidewalk...
No $9.88 for the new handle...

Old handle looks like it lived a hard life
Confused 
Well, about an hour in the Rehab Shop...
Cool

Axe head has been cleaned up ( still needs a GOOD sharpening) handle has been fitted, wedged, and the excess trimmed off..
Winkgrin

Underneath all the crud, there was some blue paint showing.....Blue Grass, maybe?   I am not that "up" on axes, right now

So...for about $11, or so...might have a decent axe?    Looks better than the Fiskars sold at Wall E. World...
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
(05-07-2019, 02:21 PM)bandit571 Wrote: Old handle looks like it lived a hard life
Confused 
Cool

So...for about $11, or so...might have a decent axe?    Looks better than the Fiskars sold at Wall E. World...

Someone was splitting wood with it, without putting a sleeve under the head.  If you're going to split, you'd be far ahead with the Fiskars, but you wouldn't have had the fun.

I own both types, FWIW.
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
(05-07-2019, 02:21 PM)bandit571 Wrote: Picked a while back....was in the Blue BORG buying a new lawnmower.....and picked up a handle for the axe....
Cool

Confused 
Cool

Axe head has been cleaned up ( still needs a GOOD sharpening) handle has been fitted, wedged, and the excess trimmed off..
Winkgrin

Underneath all the crud, there was some blue paint showing.....Blue Grass, maybe?   I am not that "up" on axes, right now

Blue paint? Probably a Collins and it looks to be 3-1/2 lbs. A nice splitting axe for sure.
(05-07-2019, 02:21 PM)bandit571 Wrote: Picked a while back....was in the Blue BORG buying a new lawnmower.....and picked up a handle for the axe....
Cool

Confused 
Cool

Winkgrin

Makes a great Mother's Day gift for the bride............Be sure to sharpen it good first tho...I wont see a woman chop wood with a dull axe.......
No
Crazy
Big Grin
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

Nice fix.
Cool
Cool
Cool
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Axes are an under valued part of our history. They don't lend them selves to dating either, they are certainly not Stanley planes. The USFS has a great pamphlet and video "An Axe To Grind " You paid for it, you should watch it. You can find it on YouTube.

The another resource is https://www.bladeforums.com/forums/axe-t...forum.768/ But I would be remiss if I didn't warn you that it can be infectious. Since I found that site, I've added 6 axes.

Only the top line models were stamped, most were just hardware specials or had paper stickers. Remember hand tools were expensive. It doesn't mean they can't be great axes, just not collectables. Paint colour isn't a very good means of identifying maker, owners painted their axes , easier to find in the bush.

I'm not sure if I've done a good turn or not, chuckle.
A man of foolish pursuits