Great granddaughter requested(Updated i August))
a pink and white rocking unicorn. With a rainbow tail and mane and reins rather than handles. Won't be an heirloom build(she is six) and painted, so poplar(maple painted green for the rockers). Gonna try an A frame design instead of a flat seat type as LOML will cover a wood saddle with cloth. Will probably make a stiff cloth horn for safety.

Gonna be interesting.

Parts cut out:

Legs, head, rockers

Body and saddle

Mane and tail installed.  Saddle upholstered, needs trim, ears/horn/googly eyes installed, rockers installed(and tested by the future owner---who helped with the project
Big Grin) She is making design changes. 
Uhoh
Uhoh

Cool  Will she be instructing while you are building?
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(06-25-2019, 07:41 PM)Stwood_ Wrote:
Cool  Will she be instructing while you are building?

Uhoh
Uhoh I dunno. Cannot do much working wood until my nose returns to normal(can't wear glasses properly), so mostly just wood selection and designing for 2+ weeks.
I'm considering a Unicorn build this summer and plan on the "horn" being in the middle of a rainbow on the forehead of the rocker.
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
That will be a cool rocker...I'd love the see the finished product. Actually I could see something like this being an heirloom.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
You gonna consult with Bob Z on this project?

Winkgrin
Big Grin
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

(06-26-2019, 09:45 AM)Bill Wilson Wrote: You gonna consult with Bob Z on this project?

Winkgrin
Big Grin

Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Included pics in original post.
Debating on how to do the ears and unicorn horn. I know they need to be soft but also need to stand up. One idea(LOML sews) is to use a small spring covered in cloth. Going to use rainbow yarn for the mane and tail, so may use that for the horn.

Any other ideas?
Cloth covered foam rubber?
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me