LOML doesn't like to see under the bed
Finally going on a lumber buying trip tomorrow to pick up cherry to build the shaker bed we've been planning for some time. LOML doesn't like to see under a bed so she'd like to have a bed spread hang to the floor. Me, the woodworker, doesn't want to have those gorgeous cherry rails covered so would like to come up with a workable solution to hang a dust ruffle under the bed mounted somehow to the side and bottom rail. It would have to be reasonably easy to remove and reinstall so it could be washed periodically.

Anyone done this or something similar? I'm totally open to alternatives as well.

Thanks,  g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
Just googled (agai) and found this:

Put sticky velcro on the top of the dust ruffle on the pretty side of the fabric (not the back of it). Stick the other side of the velcro to the inside of your bed frame, and then attach the dust ruffle to it.

I was thinking some kind of clamp system but the velcro method sounds OK. Hoping a Woodnetter has a more interesting solution.

g

(07-15-2019, 05:09 PM)shoottmx Wrote: snip . . .

Hoping a Woodnetter has a more interesting solution.

g

Use a pin nailer instead of velcro?

Winkgrin
Know Guns. Know Security. Know Freedom - - - No Guns. No Security. No Freedom

Guns are supposed to be dangerous. If yours is not dangerous you need to take it to a gunsmith and have it repaired.
Velcro works very well.  We used 1-1/2" strips about every 15".  Be sure to mount the hook portion to the frame not the dust ruffle.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Greg

Why not just have drawers under the bed?

Also what did you do to make her scared to be on the floor.
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I agree with the velcro sewn to the dust ruffle. The thing will need to come off once in awhile to be washed and that will make it easy. No need to over-engineer it.
Ditto that velcro solution, it's what I would do.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I’ll bet she hides your Xmas presents there.
Consensus! Velcro it is. Leave it  to me to over think a solution to a straightforward problem. Thanks for the feedback.

Went on the lumber run to to Rare Woods USA (link) in Mexico, Maine , about a 2 hour drive, to pick up the cherry yesterday. We have a lot of lumber sourcing options nearby but wanted LOML to have the opportunity to oooh and aaah at the incredible inventory. Ended up in addition to the cherry, buying a wicked cool live edge slice of olive wood which we'll likely make into a wall fun hanging.

Rare Woods sells some amazing exotics online and the guys there are helpful and super easy to work with.

g

Here's the more interesting side: