Molding for mirror?
I have a 3' by 4' mirror that my wife would like me to frame with a nice  wood molding. Does anyone have a good site for purchasing decorative molding.

Thanks
At the place I used  to work, we did kitchen and bath cabinet installs. One of the popular items was a matching framed mirror. Stop in your looking kitchen and bath showroom, ask to see mirror molding samples, you'll be amazed at the choices. You should be able to purchase 8' lengths of molding and cut them as needed.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
You could also go to a picture framing shop, they should have lots of samples.
VH07V  
Frame shops have a huge selection but none of it is inexpensive.  I have made frames from crown molding and my favorite was from 5/4 hickory run through the router.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
(07-19-2019, 09:17 PM)Randy C Wrote: I have a 3' by 4' mirror that my wife would like me to frame with a nice  wood molding. Does anyone have a good site for purchasing decorative molding.

Thanks

Why not make a simple molding out of fancy wood?  She's bound to like that better than anything you could buy. It's easy enough to make cove molding on a table saw, there are plenty of router bits for making it too. I recently discovered the joys of using a molding head for the table saw, but seriously you can make very pretty molding with nothing more than a table saw and a piece of wood to use as an angled fence.
"Yes, of course duct tape works in a near-vacuum. Duct tape works anywhere. Duct tape is magic and should be worshiped." Andy Weir (in his book The Martian)
Several major molding distributors have closed and they were the ones that did not require a resale number in order to buy.

If you have a resale number then try Omega Molding:  https://www.omegamoulding.com/search?con...nding=true

Genuine Gold and Burl is still in business and their moldings are exquisite with genuine 22 karat goldleaf moldings and genuine wood burl finishes.  They never required  any resale certificate.  They are located in California. 

But let them do the mitering and have them route in the Hoffman fasteners to hold things while the glue dries.  You really don't want the responsibility of ruining such nice moldings by doing a feh job on the miters.  Their miters are always perfect.  But the moldings aside from being very beautiful are very expensive.

http://genuinegoldandburl.com/CatalogofMouldings.html
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.