Stanley #2
Thanks Mike and Jack.

I rarely get offended.  It is worth what it is worth.  I would love for it to be worth the cost of the other item, but if not, then I have to see if I can get close enough to where making up the difference is feasible at the moment.  That is where I stand on it.
(08-12-2019, 02:25 PM)stav Wrote: Thanks Mike and Jack.

I rarely get offended.  It is worth what it is worth.  I would love for it to be worth the cost of the other item, but if not, then I have to see if I can get close enough to where making up the difference is feasible at the moment.  That is where I stand on it.

A braised Stanley No 2 with no handles that came with another parts plane just sold yesterday for $65.00 on ebay. If it were my plane, I'd part it out.
(08-12-2019, 02:15 PM)Mike Brady Wrote: Stav:"As close to $200 as possible is all I need."   

Stav, just pointing out that you went from $15 to $200 in a giant leap, based on some input from well-meaning people.  I need to cut you some slack for inexperience.  At a glance, there is some value in the good parts of that plane.  I doubt that the wood pieces, a frog, a lever cap, and the odd bits would bring $200., but what have you got to lose, other than $15 bucks?    You are well ahead of the game if you can find a few people to take those parts.  Otherwise, not so much.  Spending more money and effort on that plane will not increase its value or usefulness.  If you want to sell, put it up on eBay as the guys said.  Just remember that they will see it just as you did: as a chance to buy low and sell high; so don't be offended when they offer you $50.  Maybe someone here will offer you something.

Mike we could never hang out.  I can't even begin to remember all the things I have picked up for next to nothing and sold for $100s sometimes $1000s not ashamed of any of it
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

So make him an offer
Laugh.
(08-14-2019, 10:25 AM)Mike Brady Wrote: So make him an offer
Laugh.

I don't need it I have at least one LN probably a Stanley too.  I have picked up lots of several planes at a time I plan on sorting them out someday.  Only thing I know is the No 1 I have is an Anniversary Issue LN for Woodcraft.  I know I don't have any extra No 1's although I sold a box of NOS blades a few months back.
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.