Floor refinishing (2)
I am having my hardwood floors refinished starting September 9. I have never had the floors refinished previously so I don’t know what to expect. Specifically, how close to the walls will they be able to sand? I am pondering the idea of removing all the quarter rounds from the base boards and then reinstalling after the floors are done. Would this be a reasonable task and allow for a better finish? Or would it be a waste of time?

Pedro
I miss nested quotes..........
(08-29-2019, 01:39 PM)PedroOhare Wrote: I am having my hardwood floors refinished starting September 9. I have never had the floors refinished previously so I don’t know what to expect. Specifically, how close to the walls will they be able to sand? I am pondering the idea of removing all the quarter rounds from the base boards and then reinstalling after the floors are done. Would this be a reasonable task and allow for a better finish? Or would it be a waste of time?

Pedro

I pulled up the shoe molding when I refinished my floors.  I don't know how you could do a good job otherwise.  

John
They can get real close if they are pro's.  For me - I have always pulled up the corner rounds.  This way you get a better looking sanding job.  I would pull up the trim; they may even do that before they work.  Call them.  It should have been part of the quote.
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.
(08-29-2019, 03:27 PM)John Mihich Wrote: They can get real close if they are pro's.  For me - I have always pulled up the corner rounds.  This way you get a better looking sanding job.  I would pull up the trim; they may even do that before they work.  Call them.  It should have been part of the quote.

What john said ... I think they would pull the shoe as part of the job. Ask them.

If it can't kill you it probably ain't no good. Better living through chemicals.

(08-30-2019, 11:08 AM)fishhh4 Wrote: What john said ... I think they would pull the shoe as part of the job. Ask them.

+1 on this. When I had my downstairs redone they pulled all the shoe mould before  and replaced it with new once done.
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who can read binary code and those who can't.

"To be against hunting, fishing and trapping you have to be spiritually stupid." Ted Nugent
Wink 
(09-03-2019, 06:47 AM)Cub_Cadet_GT Wrote: +1 on this. When I had my downstairs redone they pulled all the shoe mould before  and replaced it with new once done.

Yes they will (should) & should re-install, but I would do it myself[Image: wink.png].

Also, if you think they baseboards need painting, this is a good time to do it.