Help Me Diagnose My Dishwasher
our old dishwasher had all but a couple of the nozzles on the spray arm closed off with lime.  No wonder the glasses didn't get clean.  In our new bosch, the glasses get pretty clean even when someone (not naming names) puts something tall in the silverware basket and blocks the upper arm from spinning.
you know a little bit of TSP works wonders in a dishwasher.  Not saying it will change your situation but I have seen it make a huge difference
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

What’s TSP????
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
(10-03-2019, 09:59 PM)Bibliophile 13 Wrote: What’s TSP????

Trisodium Phosphate
TSP at Home Depot
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

what do you do with the TSP?  Run it through with the dishwasher empty?  And how much?
Well, I took off as many covers as I could find and cleaned what I could. (Pulled out a couple toothpicks and a Lego piece!). There was gunk down there all right, but not much obstructing water flow that I could see.

Tried running a load, and no go. Everything still came out dirty.

I’m not much of a mechanic, so it looks like I’ll be calling the repair people. Fortunately we know some good ones—a mother/daughter team. They’ve usually got a week-long backlog of jobs, so it looks like my kids are going to be learning all about hand-washing dishes this week. It’ll be good for ‘em.
Steve S.
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

(10-05-2019, 09:28 AM)Bibliophile 13 Wrote: Well, I took off as many covers as I could find and cleaned what I could. (Pulled out a couple toothpicks and a Lego piece!). There was gunk down there all right, but not much obstructing water flow that I could see.

Tried running a load, and no go. Everything still came out dirty.

I’m not much of a mechanic, so it looks like I’ll be calling the repair people. Fortunately we know some good ones—a mother/daughter team. They’ve usually got a week-long backlog of jobs, so it looks like my kids are going to be learning all about hand-washing dishes this week. It’ll be good for ‘em.

Just for giggles add half a teaspoon of TSP to a load.  Your glasses will come out really nice.  Might help with your problem long run 
after a few uses
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(10-05-2019, 05:49 PM)Bob10 Wrote: Just for giggles add half a teaspoon of TSP to a load.  Your glasses will come out really nice.  Might help with your problem long run 
after a few uses

You can still get dishwashing soap with phosphates though it is not technically legal to use in a number of states. Those states have made it illegal to sell dishwasher soap that actually works. You will most likely have to order it online though as all the retail brands are phosphate free. 

This all happened when they passed the law banning phosphates from laundry detergent. Your clothes don't get clean like they used to because the lack of phosphates don't blame your low water usage washer.
The machine worked just fine for about 10 years. Loaded properly, it got things clean. Cascade detergent has always worked best. We’ve tried others but always came back to the Cascade.

Had the repair people take a look at it today. The pump is failing. That’s how these electric motors go out: they fail slowly, gradually losing power until they quit working altogether. In that way, they can mimic a a clog that slowly builds up. Fixing it is less than a new unit, so in a week or so it should be up and running again.

Thanks, everyone, for your input.
Steve S.
- T. S. Eliot