BAND SAw blade recommendsation
I have the Delta 14" handsaw and my last blade just broke..Need to replace 93 1/2 inch x 1/2 blade for resawing.  Any recommendations as to what blade to buy without having to get a bank lean?  Thanks for any input.
(01-02-2020, 04:36 PM)weelis Wrote: I have the Delta 14" handsaw and my last blade just broke..Need to replace 93 1/2 inch x 1/2 blade for resawing.  Any recommendations as to what blade to buy without having to get a bank lean?  Thanks for any input.

Any 1/2"  3 tpi blade will work well for awhile.  If you do much resawing, however, a bimetal blade will last a lot longer.  I had good luck with Olson MVP blades.  They don't cut as smoothly as some blades, but they last a really long time. Lenox Diemaster 2 blades work well, too, though I thought the Olson MVP blades were more durable.  Starrett bimetal blades, if you can find them, are really good, too.  

John
For what it's worth, I get better results with 3/8" blades on my 14" Delta with riser. I guess this is due to less resistance.
I've been using Supercut blades for about 15 years now with no issues. I've been rather impressed with them.
Yes

And, I kinda like the fact they're made just up the road from me... 
Winkgrin

Dave
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
The best resaw blade I've ever found is the Wood Slicer from Highland Hardware

https://www.highlandwoodworking.com/wood...lades.aspx
"73 is the best number because it's the 21st prime number, and it's mirror 37 is the 12th prime number, whose mirror 21 is the product of 7 times 3. Also in binary 73 is 1001001, which is a palindrome." - Nobel Laureate, Dr. Sheldon Cooper
(01-02-2020, 11:00 PM)sniper Wrote: The best resaw blade I've ever found is the Wood Slicer from Highland Hardware

Same here.
(01-03-2020, 12:11 AM)wood-chips Wrote: Same here.

I agree with John on the bimetal blades.  Olson is a fine blade (1/2-3tpi) but since you don't have a riser block and ~6" is all you'll ever resaw on that machine, go for the lenox 1/2-4  .025 blade.  Lenox bimetal is as good as it gets, but the 1/2-3 only comes in .035 thick.  Unless you only want to resaw very very occasionally, i'd not recommend the woodslicer and it's relatives--they just don't last!

Regards
Bob
(01-02-2020, 11:00 PM)sniper Wrote: The best resaw blade I've ever found is the Wood Slicer from Highland Hardware

(01-03-2020, 12:11 AM)wood-chips Wrote: Same here.

Do you ever use a 1/8" blade from Wood Slicer?
Have you ever used a Laguna Resaw King blade?
How would it compare to the Wood Slicer?
he not busy being born,
Is busy dying.
--Bob Dylan
(01-03-2020, 06:00 AM)bjmh4 Wrote:   Olson is a fine blade (1/2-3tpi) , i'd not recommend the woodslicer and it's relatives--they just don't last!

Regards
Bob

I have been using Olson blades for awhile.  They seem to be ok.

Care to expand on that woodslicer statement.....
Their prices look very inviting.

I run a Laguna Resaw King.  
Pricey, but it eats up anything I feed it 
w/a really nice finish.
he not busy being born,
Is busy dying.
--Bob Dylan
(01-03-2020, 07:31 AM)justdraftn Wrote: Do you ever use a 1/8" blade from Wood Slicer?
Have you ever used a Laguna Resaw King blade?
How would it compare to the Wood Slicer?

I've never used a 1/8" blade of any kind.

I've used both Wood Slicer and Resaw King resaw blades. Started with Wood Slicer years ago and liked it. It has a thin kerf and leaves a nice finish, but the criticism that it doesn't last long is correct. It dulls fairly quickly and can't be resharpened - at least I've not found them to be. On the positive side, they're relatively inexpensive. I'd consider them a good disposable blade for occasional resawing.

When I bought a Laguna 18" bandsaw, Laguna threw in a 1" Resaw King blade to sweeten the deal. It is a game changer. It's carbide tipped with a relatively thin kerf and it leaves a better surface than the Wood Slicer. It can be resharpened professionally, but in 7 or 8 years of moderate use, mine is still cutting like a new blade. If you're cutting veneer, this is the blade to have. The downside is that it is really expensive.