Table saw dust collection
IIRC the family was going to continue the business. Lee was one of the best guys you could ever deal with. An honest and upfront guy who had so much knowledge and he loved to share it. He is truly missed.
2023-2024 NFL Pick 'em
Group ID#: 34296
Group Password IBTP
(01-06-2020, 10:44 AM)Cian Wrote: With Lee Stryon's passing (RIP) in January of last year, are Shark Guard's even still available?

Yes, I just got one in November.  They have updated with 3D printed parts and a light option.  I'll post a pic when I get home tonight.
_____
Darrell
(01-07-2020, 03:03 PM)Darrell D. Wrote: Yes, I just got one in November.  They have updated with 3D printed parts and a light option.  I'll post a pic when I get home tonight.

Thanks Darrell. What make of saw did you mount it on?
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
Photo 
(01-07-2020, 03:04 PM)Tony Z Wrote: Thanks Darrell.  What make of saw did you mount it on?

The saw is a Delta 36-725. I need to keep it mobile and my dust collector is a single hose that I move from tool to tool. Was thinking about some sort of arm mounted to the saw.
FYI, all of the red parts sans the splitter mount are 3D printed.

_____
Darrell
If anyone is interested in making there own, haven't tried it yet myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DA-O-1qUDh4
(01-07-2020, 10:26 PM)Darrell D. Wrote: The saw is a Delta 36-725. I need to keep it mobile and my dust collector is a single hose that I move from tool to tool. Was thinking about some sort of arm mounted to the saw.
FYI, all of the red parts sans the splitter mount are 3D printed.

Thanks again Darrell-looks like a very solidly made unit!
www.metaltech-pm.com
(01-01-2020, 07:53 AM)Tony Z Wrote: Any suggestions for an overarm, blade-positioned, dust collector for a table saw?

Thanks,

I bought the Penn State over arm dust collection hood. Not the entire system, just the clear plastic hood. I used 3/4 x 1-1/2" wood sticks instead of the metal to hang from the ceiling. Shop vacuum cleaner hose 2-1/4" connects from the hood to the vacuum. Does not swing away, I remove a couple of bolts to take the hood off . Usually I only use the hood when working with MDF. I use a power feeder when ripping and the hood gets in the way. The hood works well, almost no dust on the table.
mike
Where I am: I have rearranged my dust collector and piping, with a major result of better dust suction on the saw's 4" port, in fact the suction is strong enough, to feel it at the blade. This now leaves me with collecting dust just thrown from the teeth.

The Shark Guard remains #1 or possible adapting a SawStop unit is #2.

This exercise has me looking at all other sources, dividing dust into heavy (dust collector) and fine (the need for independent air filtration).
www.metaltech-pm.com