Best Blade Guard for a Powermatic 66
I purchased a used powermatic 66 and it came complete with the exception of the blade guard.

I was going to buy a used one on Ebay but thought I would ask here to see if there is a better option.

Thanks in advance.
(01-15-2020, 09:20 PM)artistwantab Wrote: I purchased a used powermatic 66 and it came complete with the exception of the blade guard.

I was going to buy a used one on Ebay but thought I would ask here to see if there is a better option.

Thanks in advance.

Shark Guard https://www.thesharkguard.com/
"Well, my time of not taking you seriously is coming to a middle."
I have a Sharkguard on mine. I love it.

But I have the original PM66 guard I'll ship to you for $75. It's not as good though.
Semper fi,
Brad

(01-16-2020, 08:51 AM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: I have a Sharkguard on mine.  I love it.

Same on my 66. Guard, all 3 splitters (different heights) and pawls. One of my better purchases.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
(01-16-2020, 08:51 AM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: I have a Sharkguard on mine.  I love it.

Count me in as well 
Yes
It works well and is easy to work with.
I use mine on every possible cut.
Greg

It's better to burn out than it is to rust

Danchris Nursery
Sadly,   I don't think he is in business anymore.

I reached out to him months ago and never heard anything back.   After the response here I contacted him again via email and tried calling twice and no reply.
The company is still running as far as I know.
Semper fi,
Brad

We use the excalibur blade guard
That Shark Guard looks wonderful and will suck up any dust coming up from the blade.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(01-18-2020, 02:11 PM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: The company is still running as far as I know.

(01-18-2020, 04:48 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: That Shark Guard looks wonderful and will suck up any dust coming up from the blade.

I don't believe so.   I have made numerous calls and emails and no reply.     I am wary of simply buying the product on his online store because I need to know his leed time.  I travel a lot for business and it wont do either of us any good if he sends it while I am away and its returned to him.