Hollowform
Basswood. 10 1/2" tall x 4 1/2" tall. Turned thick then relief carved. It's for a little girl.

Attached Files Image(s)

This is another (Boy is that a neat project and wish I would have thought of that) kind of thing again.

You always amaze me with what you come up with. 
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
She ought to love it. Great job
Frank
Hairy

I have looked at this several times now and have two questions

What is the bungee strap for and the two chucks for on the tail stock for?  Also where do you get that thick basswood from, Internet??

Three questions I guess.
Winkgrin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

(03-16-2020, 11:14 AM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Hairy

I have looked at this several times now and have two questions

What is the bungee strap for and the two chucks for on the tail stock for?  Also where do you get that thick basswood from, Internet??

Three questions I guess.
Winkgrin

I have a bungee along each side of the bed. I use it to hold a dust collector hose. Usually I can get it close, yet out of my way. I use it when hollowing, drilling, sanding, sometimes roughing a spindle blank, any time I can catch dust or make cleanup easier. Sometimes I put a 4" to 2 1/2" reducer to get a smaller hose in place. I like using the kind of hose that stays the way that you bend it.

I started with a 5" x5" x 12" spindle blank.I rough turn it between centers, put a tenon on each end, mount it back on the lathe with a chuck on each end. I have an adapter to mount a chuck onto the tailstock center. It makes it nice, especially when 1 piece fits into the other. I use 2 different parting tools, finish parting with a handsaw, and both pieces are ready to turn.  Works for me.

I've been buying wood here for several years, always good wood, never a bad experience with him.

https://www.gvwp.net/online-store/TURNIN...-c14044338

This pic is this piece getting hollowed, with the DC hose in place.

Attached Files Image(s)

(03-16-2020, 01:18 PM)hairy Wrote: I have a bungee along each side of the bed. I use it to hold a dust collector hose. Usually I can get it close, yet out of my way. I use it when hollowing, drilling, sanding, sometimes roughing a spindle blank, any time I can catch dust or make cleanup easier. Sometimes I put a 4" to 2 1/2" reducer to get a smaller hose in place. I like using the kind of hose that stays the way that you bend it.

I started with a 5" x5" x 12" spindle blank.I rough turn it between centers, put a tenon on each end, mount it back on the lathe with a chuck on each end. I have an adapter to mount a chuck onto the tailstock center. It makes it nice, especially when 1 piece fits into the other. I use 2 different parting tools, finish parting with a handsaw, and both pieces are ready to turn.  Works for me.

I've been buying wood here for several years, always good wood, never a bad experience with him.

https://www.gvwp.net/online-store/TURNIN...-c14044338

This pic is this piece getting hollowed, with the DC hose in place.
Looks like I didn't use the DC when I parted it off.   CRS strikes again.
I do kind of the same thing with my DC hose.
How do you like that tool rest??  I have been thinking of getting one like that but hate taking a chance and not liking it.  It seems it would be really stable in holding the tool and getting a good cut without chatter.

(03-16-2020, 02:16 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: I do kind of the same thing with my DC hose.
How do you like that tool rest??  I have been thinking of getting one like that but hate taking a chance and not liking it.  It seems it would be really stable in holding the tool and getting a good cut without chatter.

I like it. Read this

https://www.lumberjocks.com/reviews/12078
(03-16-2020, 04:26 PM)hairy Wrote: I like it. Read this

https://www.lumberjocks.com/reviews/12078

Thanks I went there and left a comment.