Veritas miter plane availibility
Smile 
So, now that I have an interest in the Veritas miter plane (the miter plane NOT the shooting board plane), I went to add it to my cart and it shows as unavailable. 

Was this the a limited release plane or are they just not selling?

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." --Benjamin Franklin
Like any manufacturer, things are run in cycles.  Not all planes are made every minute of every day.  Sometimes estimates of inventory required to meet demand is a bit off.  One does not interrupt the current schedule to batch out something that has gone temporarily out of stock.  Interestingly, in past experience Lee Valley has had an "expected by" date for items not currently available.  Their "new" website is still a horrible mess though so that feature may just be missing.  Call the 800 number and get the straight poop; then report back please ;-)
When I was young I sought the wisdom of the ages.  Now it seems I've found the wiz-dumb of the age-ed.

Hi Dave - 

The Miter plane is now out of production for awhile. We'll be resting it for a bit until there's some pent-up demand...

Cheers - 

Rob
My mistake. Thanks for the clarification Rob.
When I was young I sought the wisdom of the ages.  Now it seems I've found the wiz-dumb of the age-ed.

(03-19-2020, 12:16 AM)GeeDub Wrote: My mistake. Thanks for the clarification Rob.

Not a mistake, your advice was good.... just us not being clear enough....!

Found him a second..... so everyone's happy!

Cheers - 

Rob
(03-19-2020, 12:47 PM)Rob Lee Wrote: Found him a second..... so everyone's happy!

It is hard to keep up with the many reasons I love Lee Valley ;-)

Who else cares about each individual customer like LV?? Just amazing, we all have stories...”special treatment” is the norm with them!
Rob and Lee Valley are the best (reminder - got to get my order in on the free shipping!)
Smile

Doug
Rob and the crew at Lee Valley are great. They are doing their part to keep things fun while we're all stuck at home.
Smile
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." --Benjamin Franklin
I have that plane, and it is my favorite for shooting! I also have an LN #9, and I much prefer the Veritas, just so much more ergonomic, and the handle on the side of the sole is superbly comfortable.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com