The Staked Chair Project Begins
Gaining on it:

Another pic showing ebony inlay:

Phil, what’s the ebony infill for? Did you stop the leg tenons short? Still wedge them? Interesting build, look forward to seeing more!

Thanks.
Kevin
Its called making lemonade from lemons: I got some tearout on the top side of the seat when drilling the mortises. In the spirit of Frank Loyd Wright, I built the furniture for my addition with specific design elements to complement the room design. One of those elements is cherry accented by black: black pulls on cherry doors, cherry window and door rosette blocks with circular black inlays, etc. These ebony inlays complement those design elements and fix a build error at the same time.

(04-08-2020, 04:08 PM)kwadams Wrote: Phil, what’s the ebony infill for? Did you stop the leg tenons short? Still wedge them? Interesting build, look forward to seeing more!

Thanks.
Kevin
I believe that fits the description of a Craftsman.  Very nice idea.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Thanks Bill: that may be the nicest thing anyone has ever called me!

(04-08-2020, 05:06 PM)Bill Holt Wrote: I believe that fits the description of a Craftsman.  Very nice idea.
Daily progress shot:  getting ready to do final fit-up and shaping. Stay tuned!

Well I am glad you found this post so valuable. The details for the chair build are all in the Anarchists Design Book. The 3 aspects of the chair that we ended up making custom are the chair height (wanted it taller), seat tilt (she opted for no tilt front to back) and crest rail height (lowered it to provide support to lower back). Let me know if you have any questions on the build. Good luck with your project!

(06-18-2020, 06:42 AM)Artonwild Wrote: You have inspired me to do something like this for my wife. She's asking for a special sewing table either. I've shown her some variants and asked her to choose very carefully. The fact is I'd like to make such a chair fir this craft table and make a nice gift for her. Thank you so much for such detailed instruction...and for the idea and inspiration.
I think it's hard to find something of high quality now, especially when there are children, you need to think about quality first
Hi Phil,

took a look over at the SMC and saw the chair and the table. Wounderful. Really. Perfect set.

Cheers
Pedder