Just found John Malecki
Magic?
(05-06-2020, 11:14 PM)K. L McReynolds Wrote: Magic?

very cool! I wonder how much weight it will hold
(05-07-2020, 07:24 AM)mound Wrote: very cool! I wonder how much weight it will hold

Depends on the strength of the cord. I didn't watch the whole thing to see if he identified the cord but I wonder if he chose some parallel core stuff that has very little stretch and if he pre-stretched it.
(05-07-2020, 07:34 AM)DaveR1 Wrote: Depends on the strength of the cord. I didn't watch the whole thing to see if he identified the cord but I wonder if he chose some parallel core stuff that has very little stretch and if he pre-stretched it.

I think he said the line is 100 lb test fishing line.

I don't think it's regular monofilament; looked like braided line to me.
Before watching the video it sounded like someone was hanging John and couldn't figur out what rope to use. 
Big Grin

Jim
He did say 100 pound fishing line.  Great design! Great video!  Doubt I would go to the trouble of building a very cool table and settle for fishing line.  Only one of the lines was carrying all the weight.  Granted, not one of our end tables or night stands is carrying that kind of load.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
In a later video, he had the table sitting by a chair and set a coffee cup(Black Rifle Coffee), and a cell phone on it.
I would have used aircraft cable.
VH07V  
I think the desired effect was really more oriented toward the illusion of no support, hence the fishing line.
OK, I give. How does it work?
Carolyn

Trip Blog for Twelve Countries:   [url=http://www.woodworkingtraveler.wordpress.com[/url]

"It's good to know, but it's better to understand."  Auze Jackson