6" ducting material and source
I got a onieda cyclone dc earlier last year am just now getting around to install it and want to upgrade my ducting.  Currently using SD pipes and pvc fittings.  Thinking I'll want to go with 6" for the main lines and branch off to 4 and 2.5"  While I would love to go all out and get nordfab, it simply isn't in my budget.  Looking for suggestions on material type and a good source.  My first thought was spiral pipes and found this place online.  Suggestions?

https://blastgateco.com/Spiral-Pipe-Fittings.php
IME, pvc is the best bang for the buck.

I did just enough spiral to get down to 6" s&d pvc on mine.

Ed
I just bought the 6” snap lock and fittings from Oneida themselves. I’m sure there were cheaper and/or local options but I ordered it all from my phone on the couch and it showed up in a few days. The extra money was worth it for the convenience. That’s been a few years ago now and I’d do it again.
-Marc

If you want to move the metal pipes, the snap lock will work just fine, as long as it's heavy enough. Same with HVAC elbows, but both will need to be taped over the seams (foil tape). But for wyes you'll need to look around, or buy from the place you found (I had not heard of them, interesting). Another possibility is Kencraft...they get good press from time to time and have often been described as a "woodworker's candy store"
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Thanks for the suggestions so far.  If I go metal is there a minimum gauge I would need.  ie I just noticed in the site I listed the connectors are 24 gauge steel.  Is that acceptable?  I don't remember the cfms of the dc but I know it's a 3hp motor.
As I recall, most folks suggest a minimum on 26 gauge, so the 24 should be plenty. Someone will correct me if I got that wrong. I think it was the thin 30 gauge snap lock that was collapsing with the larger DCs
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(06-29-2020, 08:08 PM)jussi Wrote: I got a onieda cyclone dc earlier last year am just now getting around to install it and want to upgrade my ducting.  Currently using SD pipes and pvc fittings.  Thinking I'll want to go with 6" for the main lines and branch off to 4 and 2.5"  While I would love to go all out and get nordfab, it simply isn't in my budget.  Looking for suggestions on material type and a good source.  My first thought was spiral pipes and found this place online.  Suggestions?

Come to mid IL and I will hook you up with spiral. I decided to go nordfab and am not going to use the spiral.

You want my recommendation, buy used nordfab!

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

(06-29-2020, 08:08 PM)jussi Wrote: I got a onieda cyclone dc earlier last year am just now getting around to install it and want to upgrade my ducting.  Currently using SD pipes and pvc fittings.  Thinking I'll want to go with 6" for the main lines and branch off to 4 and 2.5"  While I would love to go all out and get nordfab, it simply isn't in my budget.  Looking for suggestions on material type and a good source.  My first thought was spiral pipes and found this place online.  Suggestions?

I just use lightweight S&D 6" PVC from the home center.
(07-13-2020, 12:06 PM)Cian Wrote: I just use lightweight S&D 6" PVC from the home center.

PVC can generate a lot of static electricity.  I know you really have to ground everything, and I am not talking about the ground plug on your tools.
Never been a recorded incident of PVC material causing a dust fire - just saying.

Doug